Want to assemble a PC for 80K Budget. HD Movies and luxurious home PC usage.

I would like to get some idea about how much power is consumed by a PC. I have never cared about it but now I am growing up and it is time to be frugal and justified.

Say I use a PC with Core i5 and 1 GB graphics. 19" LCD monitor. I use it for 4 hours a day on avg including weekends. How much does it cost for electricity?

Update: If there is some tool to calculate the cost of power, that would be great too!

I have been watching a lot of youtube videos and learning about assembling PCs. Instead of just buying and assembling the parts suggested by our friends, I would like to learn about it myself.

I have planned to buy Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet.

Regarding PSUs, I am a little confused about the power supply that I want. I am not able to understand how to calculate the Watts needed for the rig. Any guide on that?

power supply can be configured once you finalise the different parts you need to build your pc.

give us your probable setup with the options given to you so that others can help you :)

ggt said:
power supply can be configured once you finalise the different parts you need to build your pc.

give us your probable setup with the options given to you so that others can help you :)

Sure. So I guess PSU buying will come at last depending on the configuration.

^^ yup.

depending upon the probable configurations power needs with a little extra room left for future upgrades.

since people do not tend to upgrade their psu as frequently as the other components.

the ones who do do it when they figure out that the power requirements exceed for the setup :p

I just found out that one can get the DH67CL-B3 ATX for around a 1200 bucks extra (instead of DH67BL-B3 uATX). Only change I see is that it is ATX and has 2 extra PCI slots. My cabinet is going to be ATX only. Can I go for DH67CL-B3 ATX ?

Yes you can get it. But I don't think it's worth spending just for an ATX motherboard unless you really need it and don't like the uATX for some reason.

I ordered CM Elite 310 Cabinet from SMC international and it has arrived with a nice damage :(

Can I get a replacement? I guess it got damages during the shipment because the packaging is broken and damaged.

[attachment=9455:16161.attach]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 88
Back