Storage Solutions Want to buy a new DVD writer, please advise

mib2_007

Disciple
I want to buy a new DVD-writer in upcoming week but can't find any new reviews. Please advise me which one is best.
Lite-On drive was best some time ago.. but new drivers have come up, so please shed some light...

thanks in advance :)

I would recommend Samsung SATA 20x DVD Writer. I have it from a long time and no porblem. My experience with Samsung DVD RW is very good. Previously there was some tray problem coming in Samsung DVD RW's but now, no problem.

Lite on is overtaken by Moser Bear now ...

in markets u wont get lite-on drives..

They r now moser bear ...

u can try with HP 22x DVD Writer...

i am using one

abhisinalkar said:
Lite on is overtaken by Moser Bear now ...
in markets u wont get lite-on drives..
They r now moser bear ...
u can try with HP 22x DVD Writer...
i am using one

me too has a HP writer on one PC and I must admit that it is 3 yr old drive, 1 yr older than Lite On and lite on has died but this is still going strong...

BUT they are costly I think.. how much you get it for??

I think I saw a recent review in a magazine for Asus DVD writer coming out as top writer... anyone seen that article??

+1 for LG.

My Liteon was purchased at the time it was recommended as the best. Failed after a year of relatively low use. Mechanical problem of the tray.

yeah.. Lite-On makes lots of noise.. very loud

am always skeptical of LG but sony is ok... and samsung has also emerged as winner these days....

What is the burn time on sata drives. My pata drive took me 12 minutes to burn a 4 gb image file @12x. How much is the improvement on sata?

ah.. had lo of cass like that for LG

and ggt, I don't think SATA interface gives ans performance benefits coz of read speed constraints.

My 5-year old Samsung DVD writer is still working! I had paid Rs.5600 for it that time. Last year, I bought a new Samsung writer, and put the old one in my dad's machine. Now, this new writer has failed within 15 months of moderate usage.

Back