Storage Solutions Want to buy a new DVD writer, please advise

bought HP DVD1260i model as it was boxed packed and cost me 1250, so a reasonable price too.

Now its very very quite and copies my DVD'd at 15-19 MB/s on average, sometimes higher.

Now lets see how it works :)

Lightscribe was not available in market and those available were insanely priced :(

mib2_007 said:
bought HP DVD1260i model as it was boxed packed and cost me 1250, so a reasonable price too.

Now its very very quite and copies my DVD'd at 15-19 MB/s on average, sometimes higher.

Now lets see how it works :)

Lightscribe was not available in market and those available were insanely priced :(

Hi,

can u pls tell me how the dvd drive is performing? I too am planing to get a new dvd drive. My existing Samsung SH-S182D is able to write to a Moser Baer DVD-R but is not able to read from the same. I think i L need to get a new drive now. :(. Any advice on this will be of great help.

I am looking 4 a dvd writer that will be able to read from all types of dvds and write as well. Any suggestions in this will also be greatly appreciated.

My LG drive walked out on me yesterday, so now I will give a try to the HP one.

The HP 1135i is available at 1.4k and includes lightscribe tech, so I may go in for that one.

P.S. Any particular reason why you did not go in for that one?

amitn18 said:
My LG drive walked out on me yesterday, so now I will give a try to the HP one.

The HP 1135i is available at 1.4k and includes lightscribe tech, so I may go in for that one.

P.S. Any particular reason why you did not go in for that one?

I beleave the 1135i is IDE and does not have SATA interface isint it? And are u sure it has lightscribe tech??

Buy sony if it is non oem.or else samsung or hp 24x writers are good too.hp are expensive quoted at 1270 where samsung is 1100 for 22x. Personally i am waiting for samsung 24x to arrive as they have been launched but not yet available in india.
Hehe bumped into old thread. Good buy anyways.

got a few HP 1260i s in friends. very good.
much better than Sony, I had. much much much better than samsung.

I had samsung, it failed twice in a year. So the money I saved by buying a sammy than HP, was much less than what I spent on travel to the SC. total four visits, from mumbai to Lammy.
VFM I think it's 1200/- so 100-150 bucks don't matter for the peace of mind and finding ur dvd writer is working at evry boot, esp when ur friends come to ur place to watch some movies / top gear episodes.

Also very low noise. Samsung makes such a racket, I couldn't sleep in my computer room if my bro was using the PC, reading/writing a cd/dvd.

I think thread should be closed as OP has bought HP

Sony is the best tho a little bit costlier......using it from past one month no problems,,,,,,,,,,,,

Had used earliar a sony Combo Drive for almost 4 years still running flawlessly...

mib2_007 said:
its working perfectly till now :)

Hi mib2_007,

I had one last question. I am planning to buy the HP dvd writer by tomorrow or day after. I wanted to know what all accessoies come with the box pack? My psu does not have a sata power cord. does the HP 1260i box include a 4 pin molex to Sata power cable or will i need to get one myself? Thanks in advance.

rob2651983 said:
I beleave the 1135i is IDE and does not have SATA interface isint it? And are u sure it has lightscribe tech??

Oops, sorry, I meant the 1140i.

But I finally ordered the HP 1270i from newegg. Cost me about 1.7k.

can't remember molex to sata power.. probably yes.. might beno... can't remember.. comes for 5 RS so can't be a problem.. is it... lol

i bought a 2week old samsung writer and now it just fails to read and write anything.!!

will be getting it replaced soon

Back