Audio Warranty on Creative EP 630 ?

My EP-630 headphones got spoilt, one of the ear bud does not function. I am trying to get it RMA'ed. While the website says 1 year warranty and dealers are selling with 1 year warranty i think, when i called up Cyberstar Infocom (Creative Distrubutors), mumbai office (022 40003898) they said warranty is provided by distributors and we provide only 6 months !! I have bought my earphones in Oct, 2008 and am not eligible for warranty.

Is that possible ?

Try to get em RMA'd through the dealer you bought it from rather than directly through the distributor. It is possible that the warranty cover may have been reduced lately but the dealer should still honor a 1 year warranty if thats what he provided at the time of the sale

Had faced similar problems 8-10 months back.

though dealers sell ep-630 stating 1 yr. warranty ,Cyberstar has reduced the warranty to 6 months.

If you contact creative support for help ,they will ask you to ship your earphones to hong kong or something :p.

by the way the problem of no audio in one earphone or less volume in one earphone is very very common with ep-630.

the simple solution is to clean the driver and try pulling the mesh on top of the driver a bit upwards.

Ive tried this and it bought my ep-630 back to life.:D

Try it at your own risk and only if you are not able to get replacement.

FaH33m said:
Had faced similar problems 8-10 months back.
though dealers sell ep-630 stating 1 yr. warranty ,Cyberstar has reduced the warranty to 6 months.
If you contact creative support for help ,they will ask you to ship your earphones to hong kong or something :p.

by the way the problem of no audio in one earphone or less volume in one earphone is very very common with ep-630.
the simple solution is to clean the driver and try pulling the mesh on top of the driver a bit upwards.
Ive tried this and it bought my ep-630 back to life.:D
Try it at your own risk and only if you are not able to get replacement.

How did you pull the mesh upward? The mesh is so fine...even a needle won't go...Any suggestions?

Otaku said:
How did you pull the mesh upward? The mesh is so fine...even a needle won't go...Any suggestions?

It was a very fine needle that I used. you might damage the mesh a bit..but it wont affect the sound.;)

I also have same problem. I bought it in on 1 Dec 2008 from a dealer on Lamington Road, Mumbai and dealer bills says Warranty Carry to Service centre from Mfg Date (box says Import date Oct 2008). Dealer says warranty is for 2 months only.

Called up Cyberstar Chennai and they said warranty is for 6 months. They are asking to talk to their Service Centre in Mumbai (022-30204398) but it is continuously engaged. What to do?

i also got 630 bought through kmd last october , kmd said get it replaced from distri , now i sent the earphones to delhi for RMA and cyberstar said only 6 months warranty :huh: :mad:

Back