Water Purifier Suggestions

preet27

Disciple
Hi,

I am looking for a water purifier, and want some suggestions on it.

I have gone through some interesting threads on this forum itself
http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/aquaguard-eboiling-water-purifier-90763-2.html
http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/best-water-purifier-92975-3.html

Well the TDS level on my water supply came to be 146, I am currently living in Chandigarh and the water supply is undertaken by Municipality only but still the TDS levels are quite high, whereas in the above thread it was mentioned that should not be the case for big cities.

So, I am confused as to which system and company to go for, which one would be better suited for my requirements, mine is a nuclear family of 5 members, with a daily consumption of less than 50 litres drinking and cooking wise. Need a VFM option plus a reliable ASS is a must.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, i looked at two Ultrafiltration purifiers, the HUL PureIT costs for Rs 2000 /- and needs an annual battery kit change which again costs 365/- , i also enquired about permionics pureflo and it does not have any branch near my residence and so, i will have to source it from Gujrat and in case of any problems for replacement as well i will have to send it back to gujrat plus the cost for this is 5450/- including shipping and they say that it requires an annual change of a few parts which cost around 200/- annualy.

So, is there any other viable option in UF category, which has an all india presence and also a good ASS service reputation.

Eureka Forbes has got quite a bad rep for bad ASS and bad overall build quality, so i was thinking of avoiding that one, either ways thanks for your suiggestion, i will surely keep it in mind.

I bought a Kent UV filter 6 months back. It does not have an on/off switch. You have to power it directly from mains. But there is no waiting for water to start. The advantage is that I have installed it under the counter. Had to buy an extra Rs 600 crane shaped tap from Kent service person. The tap has been mounted on the kitchen counter. All other models required a push on the electronic switch to start dispensing the water, which ofcourse is not possible with under counter installations.

Service of Kent is also fine. Unlike Eureka Forbes don't have every person on the street claiming to be a Eureka Forbes service engineer. Had a Eureka Forbes previously. But could never make out whether I am dealing with the right person or some fake!

^ Thanks for the info on this subject. I am thinking of buying a UF unit though, i was looking at Dolphin UF and Aquaguard Ultra. The problem with Auquaguard Ultra is that Eureka Forbes has very poor ASS, but if i go with brands such as permionics or Dolphin, they are lacking in All India presence, so in case something happens to the unit at a later stage, it will be great trouble to get any kind of ASS from these people, so right now i am stuck with Bad ASS versus virtually no ASS.

dont buy branded one all are chines kit so buy from local vender and the cost of ur ro is around 5-6k max

details:

mambrane csm only

take good pump

no need to take tds n ultra voilet tube

just take normal one ur tds is not so high in technical words

if u have extra money then go to any brand which start from12000 ... n goes to 22000

Back