Wave v/s Wildfire v/s ?

red_devil

Disciple
I've been thinking about buying a phone for a long time now. Was stuck up on ANDROID (still am). So when I read on GSMARENA that HTC WILDFIRE was available in India for around 16k I was super curious :eek:hyeah:

Then I looked at the specs of Wildfire - seemed decent enough (procy, cam - decent at best) plus there are reports of it getting FROYO sometime later {perhaps by the time the world has moved on to 3.x :p}

Then again I looked at WAVE. Costs ~17k has a 1gig procy, super AMOLED et etc... Only con was BADA ... but thats likely to change IF Android gets ported to Wave

Now I'm confused. Which one is a better buy /VFM?

Or are there any other Android devices available/expected sometime soon in that segment?

Um you heard about the Wildfire and you were stuck up on Android and yet missed out the X10 Mini :O. Thats like the Wildfires main competitor atm.

The Wave is way ahead in terms of hardware and features and Bada seems to be doing well. Not the Android well but reasonably well due to the popularity of the Wave. As for the chances of Wave getting Android aren't as simple as 1, 2, 3. Sure it has the hardware, but someone/some people have to take the colossal task of getting the bootloader of the Samsung phone to accept an Android ROM, plus there may be plenty of other complications even after getting the Wave to boot Android.

^ i've seen those comparisons and yes the hardware is awesome but the only place i'm stuck up at is the software... I mean whats the use of such awesome hardware when theres practically no worthy app to make use of it? {A bit like owning a formula one car in the traf****ed roads of B'lore :p}

Better go for Wildfire.....

For better multimedia experience and all go for mini coz 2.555" and 240x320 is ok but 3.2" with 320x240 is a no go......

BTW mini is good for one hand use...

I own it and hence recommend it...

Guys given what the resolution of Wildfire is, how big a factor is it in getting apps for this phone? Some say that it may not be possible to install a lot of the existing android apps on this phone. How true is that?

You could say the same for X10 mini. Infact the Mini would have it worse considering the fact that it is still on Android 1.6 and most apps are moving to Android 2.0 (example: The Official Twitter Client)

^^^ Mini gets 2.1 by september/october and still has the best UI in Android phones...

It may get 2.2 by feb/march according to some reports

So better go for Mini or Mini pro.

BTW the music quality is superb

Erm no mini guys. Thats one thing I'm very sure of. No disrespect but I feel its way too small for my liking.

Its either Wildfire or Wave or something else :p

Btw @Teja92 -- do you have any problems getting apps for your mini? I mean how much of a factor is the screen resolution in getting hold of good apps?

No problems at all.......

Except for a few like Swype almost 95% of apps worked........

I got all apps and net browsing is great in this......

Its soo fast.

With airtel 2GB plan i get 170-200kbps almost all the time...

BTW i live in Hyderabad.

If you work on the wildfire, u will be truly disappointed by the screen resolution. It just looks dull and boring. Even though you get Android apps, but still you will not enjoy the experience as much as on Samsung Wave. You ought to keep both phones in hand to see the difference.

I am not sure how Bada will develop in future...But one thing is for sure: If you wanna use the phone for multimedia and browsing, Bada already has enuf apps for it. And the screen will simply blow you away in both these areas. So. i would suggest the Wave over the Wildfie :)

^ yeah I know Wave's got a great screen... but I want to see how bad the res of Wildfire is...basically if I can make do with that screen or not.

I saw the WAVE today and needless to say it was effing awesome. If only I could get to see Wildfire in action ...

Back