Wave v/s Wildfire v/s ?

red_devil

Disciple
I've been thinking about buying a phone for a long time now. Was stuck up on ANDROID (still am). So when I read on GSMARENA that HTC WILDFIRE was available in India for around 16k I was super curious :eek:hyeah:

Then I looked at the specs of Wildfire - seemed decent enough (procy, cam - decent at best) plus there are reports of it getting FROYO sometime later {perhaps by the time the world has moved on to 3.x :p}

Then again I looked at WAVE. Costs ~17k has a 1gig procy, super AMOLED et etc... Only con was BADA ... but thats likely to change IF Android gets ported to Wave

Now I'm confused. Which one is a better buy /VFM?

Or are there any other Android devices available/expected sometime soon in that segment?

red_devil said:
Buddy I've just realized that my photography skills are pathetic...the pics I took turned out so bad that I dare not post it over here or any other place :(
Yeah I had the exact confusion. I chose Wildfire over WAVE 'cos:

1. BADA will get good apps in due course of time but by then there might be better hardware coming up ...

2. With Samsung you never know... tomorrow they may come up with some whole new OS --some kind of BADA alternative and before you know it, BADA is forgotten...
I'm not sure about BADA getting discontinued but I've read that Wildfire will get FROYO sometime later

HTC: expect Desire, Legend and Wildfire to get Froyo 'beginning in Q3' -- Engadget

Or maybe Bada will get popular with Samsung backing it up as it is its first OS .. anything is possible.. None of us can predict ..No offence, ,,,but Just because you got an android doesen't make Bada obsolete.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@mk1185

I am waiting for the source of your claim.

@arpan: dude i just overheard about this...thr is no confirmation on this...

@vikid: u can chk on froyo updates on android forum...

how are the apps for wave as compare to android phone?

Pretty good!!

I tried one today....and it is improving leaps and bounds with every update....

Also most of the day to day apps one needs are all there.... :)

And memory management was only an issue on the initial review units...

Buying one tomorrow!

@ViKiD

Which mobile did u try ? wildfire or wave ?

If wave then:

Two colors are available in wave, one is ebony gray and the other is metallic black. Try to get the metallic black one, it really looks sexy. All the best !!!

Yep wave it was....! :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Got it... gorgeous screen....

OS not so much after coming from android....

But yeah it has every freaking thing i will ever need and more... :)

Customization is lacking...

Back