Storage Solutions WD Passport vs Elements?

tmaster

Disciple
WD Elements SE 1 TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive (Black) | External Hard Drive | Flipkart.com

WD My Passport USB 3.0 1 TB External Hard Disk | External Hard Drive | Flipkart.com

Price is virtually the same, Google doesnt turn up a significant difference between the 2 except that the passport looks better, but has a shorter USB cable and annoying virtual CD,etc installed

Anyone has personal experience?

Is there any negative of the Elements drive? (personally I like its cleaner looks)

(yes, I know its available significantly cheaper at other places, but Flipkart has my business for now)

IIRC, the main difference is that the Passport comes with encryption software whereas the Elements does not. Hence the price difference of a few hundred bucks.

I prefer the look of the Elements (at least compared to the Passport SE). It's a little taller than the passport, and has lesser length, but the matte finish is a bonus. The Passport looks terrible after a few months of usage.

+1 to that, the Passport has a slimmer profile. The glossy finish looks good for the first few days after purchase. After that, it just picks up scratches like anything!
I do not know about the encryption software part though.

You should get the Passport as it has the disk-backup utility.

Elements looks tougher.

- - - Updated - - -

You should get the Passport as it has the disk-backup utility.

Elements looks tougher.

Back