Video WD TV HD player in india officially

thats gr8 news. i was gonna order it from amazon tonight. if this works out, id rather buy it here.

another thing, if is DO buy it from the US, will the warranty work here through the serial no.?

Great Pricing, only good for people who are computer literate and a big enough LCD. No use again if the pc can be connected to the LCD.

But overall a good product.

im getting player + hdmi + optical cable for 6k from US. no warranty as stated above. wondering whether i should get it from there or here.

vb86 said:
im getting player + hdmi + optical cable for 6k from US. no warranty as stated above. wondering whether i should get it from there or here.

dunno about optical cables, but you can get very decent MX hdmi cables(afaik.. or it might be something from DX) locally for about 300 bucks.

I would rather spend 800 bucks extra for the peace of mind.(unless WD covers you internationally :) )

I just want it to be connectable to external DVD drives... that way it will become complete package...... no need to have dvd player as this one has tonnes of features more than standalone player.

I hope newer firmwares / mods if any support it, U guys have any updates in this regard?

Is the price a typo?? I mean not long ago dvd players used to cost this much!!!

Also can i hook this upto to a external HD via usb and watch high def movies stored on that drive ?

Party Monger said:
Lol, the price is a direct conversion of the price in dollars

130 * 50 = 6500

:lol:

I had read that article sometime back. The pricing is a straight conversion US$ to INR. I bet, the officially pricing would be more.

Also, the shopping link is for US which is kinda strange. Anyways, I want to see it in stores at Lamington. Anyone asked PrimeABGB?

Back