Video WD TV HD player in india officially

mk151 said:
Available on ebay for around 8K shipped from KMD. Think its too expensive after India launch.

There has been no effective launch as yet. Just a word on a tech site with no reference to any Indian Official saying anything. AFAIK it's only via KMD atm.

guys the player is coming to INDIA . got a mail from champion computers who r the national distributor of WD that it is coming soon in INDIA . if anyone wants i can fwd that mail to u guys . it has all the contact nos with different cities of champion computers .

mods is there some way to upload that mail with this reply ??

kuduku said:
guys the player is coming to INDIA . got a mail from champion computers who r the national distributor of WD that it is coming soon in INDIA . if anyone wants i can fwd that mail to u guys . it has all the contact nos with different cities of champion computers .
mods is there some way to upload that mail with this reply ??

vahss_11@rediffmail.com
plz send

vb86 said:
i have managed to get a price of Rs. 6800 + 12.36% tax for a min. order of 10 pcs.

Means Rs.40/- higher than the price of RS.7600/- given by KMD in Nov-08 when player was launched in US.

Harpy.eagle said:
I just want it to be connectable to external DVD drives... that way it will become complete package...... no need to have dvd player as this one has tonnes of features more than standalone player.

I hope newer firmwares / mods if any support it, U guys have any updates in this regard?

wdfWDTV_3.jpg

It has 2 USB slots, so if your dvd player is one of those external USB types it might work.

Thing i'm dissapointed to see is no NIC, so can't connect up to a server, can only use this with external USB hDs :(

stub, did u try using latest firmware and USB DVD drives?

@blr_p, nic is anyway better but it would have been costlier quite a bit. On top of that NAS and or routers with USB host connections are way too costly

Hi can anyone confirm if the WD TV HD Media player uses the standard Toslink Optical cables? OR does it use a Mini Optical Cable? This can be used as "audio out" for a non-HDMI AV receiver, right?

Please confirm.

Back