We Won The Great Twenty 20 Final

rockyman

Disciple
Jun 23, 2007
Man here in Ghatkopar near odeon cinema almost 10k people had gathered and Indian flags were flying around .Police couldnt control the crowd.Damm crackers everywhere.Will share the pics later tday

Ck Nish

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
Would've been a better victory if Pakistan actually batted consistently well till the end. A better finish would've been our victory against the Aussies.

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
vij said:
WTF...are you guys nuts...Joginder Singh had the match of his life...He played a major role...cmon now....
3.3 0 20 2

yaar dont agree with u on that..

dhoni probably had this pressure on his mind that how the hell will he complete Joginder's 4 ovrs wid no sehwag. So he thought wisely and brought him in 7th ovr when 3rd wicket just fell. Both the batsmen were new and run rate was pretty decent so they avoided riska and resorted to singles so this went to Jogi and ofcourse OUR advantage.

He was like a liability today :no: . Majboori thee isiliye dena pada. Dhoni could have given last ovr to Bhajji but he saw that Misbah was ruthless against him, plus bhajji was totally out of sorts. So Jogi was his last Option and mind u everyone its PLAIN LUCK that we won the match. I mean cmon 4 balls 5 runs, how tough was that.

You must have seen. Even Jogi's previous under pressure overs, he was totally useless. All balls wide out of off stump with no pace, no turn and ample room. We were lucky that we got spared.

That was nothing so extraordinary about his so called spell. I might as well take Sreesanth's side today. Ok he wasnt able to get his rhythm so he was hit bad but its once in a while thing. His aggression (Yup Over agression) helps noone but its enough to pump him up so we shouldnt care..;) Besides Sreesanth won the league match with Pak. for us when agarkar screwed it in second last ovr ;).

Its sad that he was hit today but so was bhajji. Infact Bhajji's over was turning point. Cmon 3 sixes back to back, He knew that Misbah will slog him on leg side,still low full toss. What the heck? Wheres his experiece. But we know that it happens ;) :S

But Jogi, damn i just feel like kicking him. Kaha se aajate hai samajh mein nahi aata International level par. Chavla is injured and Agarkar is ineffective so Jogi was last option. Otherwise he wouldnt even hd got selected in 1st place.

I loved the way RP bowled today and even with auss. He setup the last over sweetly with his awesome second last over. With pathan i guess everything is perfect except he has lost pace :no: His avg speed is 120-125 :( . Atleast touch 135. Then he can be given a new ball too :S

Chodo na yaar....

JEET GAYE ITNE SAALON BAAD.

LETS LIVE IN THE MOMENT. WHO KNOWS IF WE'll EVER SEE SIMILAR DAY AGAIN :bleh: It took us 24 yrs to win the trophy. Who know whens the next turn :)

Cheers....

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
Mar 24, 2005
Mumbai
^haha , nice thexfactor ;)

i was at Hawaiian Shack and the place went crazy once we won ... simply great , finally we have won a world cup , let it be Twenty 20. great performance by the whole team and truly commendable :)

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
dipen01 said:
yaar dont agree with u on that..
Dhoni probably had this pressure on his mind that how the hell will he complete Joginder's 4 ovrs

He was like a liability today :no: . Majboori thee isiliye dena pada.
He was totally useless. All balls wide out of off stump with no pace, no turn and ample room. We were lucky that we got spared.

That was nothing so extraordinary about his so called spell.

Joginder, damn i just feel like kicking him. Kaha se aajate hai samajh mein nahi aata International level par. Chavla is injured and Agarkar is ineffective so Jogi was last option. Otherwise he wouldnt even hd got selected in 1st place.

Chodo na yaar....
JEET GAYE ITNE SAALON BAAD.
LETS LIVE IN THE MOMENT. WHO KNOWS IF WE'll EVER SEE SIMILAR DAY AGAIN :bleh: It took us 24 yrs to win the trophy. Who know whens the next turn :)

Cheers....
Thx Dipen .. spared me all the explanation regarding the Oh So Wonderful Mr Joginder Sharma .. More like Mr Phuss. One glance at him and he looks like dead meat.. his eyes are blank as is his overall expression..

Badluck for Misbah .. i never felt bad for Pak one bit .. bt for that Man .. yes.. my joint man of the match for bringing the spice into the match back .. only ki he sprinkled it a bit too mch for my comfort.. :)

One day or the other.. Joginder Sharma wil prove it .. ki all of us who think he is Dabba bowler are absolutely rite..
FILHAAL .. CHEERS TO TEAM INDIA and young turks.. Dhoni really is a fresh change.. Daringbaaz banda with the decisions too ... :hap2:

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
seriosly...Dhoni can very well be a good captain after Ganguly..:D

He is attacking and takes calculated risks...First i was feeling bad for Yuvraj as Dhoni was made captain but Dhoni totally deserved it. I hope we are not over praising him. But still if hee keeps his head clear and proves us in coming couple of series. Then that will be for sure.

Btw noone mentioned a word about Rohit Sharma. The young chap seems promising, ofcourse he needs little grooming but hes young and he will only learn. Some of his shots were classy..;) Might give stability in middle order once Dravid Retires (Again hope we are not exaggerating it on the basis of this win). Plus even Gambhir was very good throught the series.

Really u cant single anyone out. It was indeed the TEAM that won and not a single performance.

Its a memorable match and a moment to cherish :D I am gonna download a copy of match soon ;)

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
India should keep the same team for the ODI's too ... just get in Zaheer for Joginder and fit in Sachin and Dravid somewhere

this win really shows we dont need superstars in the team all we need is team effort

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
^^
What about comeback hero Ganguly ( I am his huge supporter so pardon me for saying that :bleh:)

If i take a neutral stance. Forget Sachin and Sourav. Get only Dravid for (Uthappa/Rohit Sharma/turn by turn) else this team is too good. Only Zaheer for Joginder and we have got a good bowling attack.

Zaheer + RP + Pathan + Sree..On paper it sounds fantastic :p

lounge

Disciple
Jun 20, 2006
congratulations mates.. we did it... it was like a mini diwali scenario in delhi.. wow, what a celebration...

SoulFire

Skilled
Oct 22, 2005
great match ,awesome treat for us people , we were watchin this on a 50" projector

everyone was literally off work and jumpin n dancing , they even hired a guy playin professional dhol , now thats like the indian spirit

Params7

Skilled
Mar 18, 2005
Congrats everybody.

The day when almost all the key players failed (Yuvi, Dhoni, Bhajji, Sreesanth) and others carried the match (Gambhir, Rohit Sharma, Joginder Sharma). Glad at Pathan at least keeping his rythm.

Dhoni is an excellent captain though. The decisions he made throughout the match during the 2nd innings, undoubtedly ended up as the right ones to make in the end, the decision to cover up the incircle to stop the singles at the right time applied the pressure on Paki's, decision he made to give Joginder the over instead of Bhajji the last over to ball, and one six it would've been all over.

I don't know about all the Joginder haters here already, but this guy DID bowl well. Compare it to others and his figures are better, why didn't he lose his cool when vets like Bhajji did? Even Sreesanth being new to the team couldn't keep it up. The guy won us against Aussie and Pak, how often does this happen?

And its true he isn't a great bowler, not on the leagues of what Pathan, Bhajji could do at their best, but he isn't as bad as others seem to put it like, if he is that bad, we shouldn't have won, shouldn't have even reached the finals, our team in the World Cup (50 Over) was better then compared to this.

Imo, I'm really impressed with his abilities to perform under pressure when vets like Bhajji crumbled. 5 of 4 balls, to that someone who said it was by luck we won, I don't think so, If getting just 1 of 2 balls can be made difficult against the Indians, that was good bowling by Joginder that got Paki's out, not luck.

Well, it shouldn't matter to him anyways. His name is in the history books on par if not above Indian cricketing legends like Tendulkar, replays of his overs and the final catch in it will be played over and over for decades, just like that replay of 1983 has been playing all this time and never gets old. And in which he bowls undoubtedly well, contrary to some posts against him here.

Anyways, last night was tremendous, one of the best days of life in fact! All of our neighborhood gathered up in the park to watch the match on a projector. After the match, I went to the streets with my friends and went crazy. Started chanting for India, and cars/auto/busses passing by, Kwality Walls ice cream man, sabji walla, traffic police and peds all joined in with us, and then we jumped in the middle of some random dancing crowd in some other park and we all danced like there was no tomorrow...

A priceless night it was.