Welcome Amazon India!

AFAIK Amazon provides warranties regardless of where you are based. I remember a TE member posting about Amazon sending him a replacement to India and not even requiring him to send back his broken Kindle.

Yes, amazon does stand by its warranty internationally as long as you buy the non ad supported version. I had got my kindle replaced that way.

Just give us the best price instead of making us hunt for coupons.

That just cannot happen. Businesses won't survive if they openly declare their low prices.

This thing happens around you everyday but you may not have linked it to the online business: Have you ever seen two vegetable/fruit sellers sitting side by side selling the same quality stuff at different prices (rates can be different)? But if you ask one of them quietly and they may reduce their prices... or may give you a better rate.

It is also considered as an unethical business practice by the fellow businessmen. Hence they use such tricks to bring in more customers. And most of the people don't realize but it is a strategy to make customers loyal to them.

Now one may ask: What about those Reliance Fresh and Easy Day ads in newspapers openly declaring lower rates than their competitors? Here, it works on the principal of MRP and Rates.

Almost all the good performing eCommerce sites will have a different price of a product in the checkout cart than its advertised price on the front page.

@gauravH I am not asking for a lower price, but their best price. I don't want to go hunting for coupons to get the best price. It may well be over 10% from some other site, but I don't want to be in the dark about there being some random coupon which could've saved me some money.

When I buy a product, I want assurance that I am buying it at the best price from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only customer loyalty, coupons have become more of a way of promotion as well.
It suits the company best when social sites and dedicated coupon sites flash your logo to get the traffic inside.

They haven't earned my loyalty. I hate coupons and hunting for them. Any company that has coupons added alongside the price they're selling for, I don't trust them. They are shady in their pricing.

They haven't earned my loyalty. I hate coupons and hunting for them. Any company that has coupons added alongside the price they're selling for, I don't trust them. They are shady in their pricing.

Frankly speaking. If you want the best price, you will have to look for it just like you do it when you are shopping out.

What you need to understand is if every company just retailed at ts best price they would lose incoming traffic as well as the free promotions they are getting in for their side.
The benefits are great and you are benefiting from a cheaper price as well.
It's a win win solution in many aspects. They save their advertising costs,undercuts their budget, which in turn lets then offer you discount on a few products.

may be you have overhunted . afaik most companies have a mop (market operating price ) for electronic products . You cannot sell below mop or you will be penalised . I think this is where coupons kick in , you will billed on mop and offer discount through coupon

Quote from Economic Times

Flipkart's biggest worry won't be the business model, but the deep pockets Amazon comes with. "Flipkart is venture capital funded so how far will they go to compete with Amazon," asks Gogia.

The Indian e-tailer, started by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, has so far raised over $180 million. Sachin, the company's CEO, earlier this year said it expected to raise another round of funding before an IPO two-three years from now.

Flipkart, which had estimated revenues of around Rs 2,000 crore in 2012/13, is yet not profitable. Sachin has said in the past that his company can easily be make net profits but Flipkart is focused on growing marketshare .

Similar to Amazon's strategy, which broke even only in 2001. Still, what will be worrying for the Bansals, who launched the Flipkart version of a marketplace in April 2013, is that Amazon has deep pockets: in 2012 alone, it generated $2.25 billion of cash and invested $3.6 billion.

On Wednesday, Amazon said it was focused on the "long-term" in India and is not bothered about early profitability. "We price the offering to reach scale, not at our current cost structure," said Agarwal but did not define long term. "Until we reach that scale we won't make money on those offerings," he added, indicating his employer was focused on market share in India, like Flipkart.

:

I wonder how letsbuy made profit (the reason why it got sold to a company ^

Letsbuy was not making profits but the investors for Letsbuy and flipkart were the same set of people.
They decided to consolidate their business, and flipkart was a bigger brand so it prevailed and letsbuy was gone.

Letsbuy was not making profits but the investors for Letsbuy and flipkart were the same set of people.
They decided to consolidate their business, and flipkart was a bigger brand so it prevailed and letsbuy was gone.

Same Happened with Buytheprice

Now we're talking. Flipkart is running promotions one after another to counter this. Good for the customers.

Yup Note 2 was for ~24.7K and Galaxy S3 for some 23K-ish. Lumia 720 is around 15.8K. Also this are fulfilled by Amazon listings.

Back