Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

Patience is the key with these guys (or wait a min is it the case with most RMA's in India :p). I would suggest mailing WD regarding the pick up. Once WD forwards your pick-up details to the courier, they send a person immediately. I got a call from the AFL people asking me the time when they should send their guy, i asked the guy about the delay and he said he had no idea of the same as his office got the pick-up email from WD only the day before and here he was the next day to pick up my drive. Besides, the reply to my email from WD regarding the pick-up delay was that their ware house was being relocated. The pick up guy from AFL who had a bag full of faulty WD HDDs with him too confirmed the same as he was carrying with him a print out of the new warehouse's address as most people did not have it and he wrote it on the package himself. My drive too got picked up almost 15-20 days after registering for RMA. But turn around time for the RMA was exactly 8 days.

Sigh, wish WD starts advanced replacement in India.

sam000 said:
I have given the address of my bro in kanchipuram as i feared the RMA will get fuc@3ed up if i give my real address.I dont know which courier company to contact? should i mail them or what?
contact WD, generally they use AFL courier

to all,who cant get in touch with WD over phone,

Use any TATA phone to call.

in my experience,we cant get thriugh from mtnl,bsnl,airtel but Tata worked for me.

my drive is to be picked up tomorrow,lets see.

Just mailed them and was given a ref. no. will wait for the reply.Also my drive just vanished so i could not erase anything...the thing i am worried about is i had nearly 10GB of cheggit stuff(poorn) on the drive....is it ok to send the drive or am i in trouble?

sam000 said:
Just mailed them and was given a ref. no. will wait for the reply.Also my drive just vanished so i could not erase anything...the thing i am worried about is i had nearly 10GB of cheggit stuff(poorn) on the drive....is it ok to send the drive or am i in trouble?
Dont worry this is not US of A that even if they find it illegal you can always put your hands on the disc and say i swear on it this is not mine.My friend scrwed it who is on world tour of Burma,mongolia and pakistan.

guys see the duplicity of WD,

They want us to drop drive to AFL courier guys.

They want us to call and find about it.

stupid buggers say that drive will be picked up and dropped to you.

i dont know about drop yet but they are absolutely lying about pick up facility.

I got it confirmed with AFL,since one month they stopped pick up facility in mumbai.

So now I have to manage someone to drop the drive to AFL,as i am out of station.

NO MORE WESTERN DIGITAL DRIVES FOR ME.

ENOUGH WD non sense.they promise one thing and do other thing.

cheaters.

Just received a mail from WD for the delay in picking up my drive:

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Gabriel S.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this hard drive issue may have caused you.

Your case has been received by the Customer Relations Department. We have requested your process to be expedited; this should be completed within 4 business days.

Please feel free to contact us if you do not get information within that time frame.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Gabriel S

Western Digital Service and Support

4 more days? i registered on 23rd of last month :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pratikb said:
guys see the duplicity of WD,

They want us to drop drive to AFL courier guys.

They want us to call and find about it.

stupid buggers say that drive will be picked up and dropped to you.

i dont know about drop yet but they are absolutely lying about pick up facility.

I got it confirmed with AFL,since one month they stopped pick up facility in mumbai.

So now I have to manage someone to drop the drive to AFL,as i am out of station.

What the ....? are you sure...Did you confirm this with WD?

dvdstoredelhi said:
Hi,

While checking warranty take your mouse on Exp Date and you'd see Pop up saying this as pasted below :

By default, the warranty date is calculated from the manufacture date. However, if you have proof of purchase, we can update the warranty to calculate it from the purchase date. If you feel that the warranty date needs to be updated from the purchase date, please follow the instructions below.

1. Send us an email from this link:
Ask WD a Question

2. Put in "Update warranty" in the subject line.

3. Attach a picture or a scanned copy of your purchase receipt (jpg, jpeg, or gif formats only, max 500KB)

4. Send the email.

Once we receive the email, we will verify the information and update the warranty accordingly. You will receive a response from us about the status of your email.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Please send me a Scanned copy of your Proof of Purchase and we shall issue you another one with serial number mentioned and duly stamped and submit same to WDC as per instructions and your Warranty status shall be updated. Contact me via sales@theitbazaar.com or my cellphone for any further support

Sunish
Dear Sunish
My problem is not yet solved. i have called you many times for this , i have sent email to WD also, please help me out.

^ whats your problem, regarding that warranty claim, just mail them a scanned copy of your cash invoice and they will update it accordingly

CA50 said:
^ whats your problem, regarding that warranty claim, just mail them a scanned copy of your cash invoice and they will update it accordingly
i have done that 4 times now. Even sunish has deserted me after promising to help me

Well In my case i RMA'd WD 1Tb EARS Green Old with 5 yr warranty.

1) RMA'd them on 27th June 2011.

2) Pickup Scheduled on 04th July 2011 around 15:00-20:00 hrs.

3) Picked up by AFL guy at 17:35 hours.

4) Waiting for my status update on WD Website on 07 July 2011.

Till now WD has kept its words. Lets see.

Ok its been done this time around, my warranty is upto 27/05/2015. I guess the new RMA guys are better than the earlier ones. It was some intreacco technology, Now its microland.. Yeaaa.

my updates to 1TB my book RMA.

created on 26 jun 2011

Picked up after daily calls to AFL -4th july.

acknowledged by WD 7th july.

Now waiting for getting my hdd back.

one thing I dont like is once they say drive will be picked up.second time they say we stopped it one month ago.third they say you drop drive to AFL couriers yourself.

What they want us to do ??

why cant they be clear in first go itself.

stupid guys are not clear about what thy want to achieve.they seems to be new company to which RMA is outsourced so all this stuff.

No one came to pick up my drive but i recieve this in my mail today

Your replacement product(s) has been processed for delivery. If you do not receive your replacement product(s) within 15 business days from 7/8/2011, please contact us at 1800-200-5789.

WD site says this

QuY3o.png

Whats happening here? they have not got the drive but the site is saying they already have it lol...how could they send me a replacement then.... wtf is happening:huh:

CA50 said:
^^ WD in FF mode :p

may be they updated their site beforehand :p
See this

JiXKc.png

How could this happen ? will i really receive the replacement drive? i need the drive badly wont mind shipping the drive to them at my expense :(.

^ better call their CC and ask for the tracking details of the shipped drive, don't tell them anything regarding the current drive. just as them the status of your RMA number?

CA50 said:
^ better call their CC and ask for the tracking details of the shipped drive, don't tell them anything regarding the current drive. just as them the status of your RMA number?
Ok will do that :)

Back