Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

sam000 said:
Just registered for RMA....WD says that i should print the RMA label on the box but the problem is i dont have a printer with me right now so what to do ? can i just write the RMA number on the parcel instead of printing it :huh:
save the pages at doc, and print them at your friends place

Crazy_Eddy said:
What all info does the RMA label have? I think there's an address as well.

I remember there was another RMA sheet that had to be printed and put inside the box as well.

The first PIcture Just had the model no. and my RMA no.

WOWcy.jpg

Another pic included my address and this one with the above mentioned stamp:

To:

FLEXTRONICS TECHNOLOGIES(I) PVT. LTD.

WESTERN DIGITAL SERVICE DIVISION

SVR FORTUNE, NO. 70-A

ELECTRONICS CITY, PHASE I, HOSUR ROAD

BANGALORE – 560 100, INDIA

Crazy_Eddy said:
Yep there's a bar code as well, so you have no option but to print it :)
ok then i will go tto some cafe and print it....also in my mail they gave me a link it said " Print RMA pre-mailer" so clicked it and this page opened and it says i have to print it too and put it inside the box:

Swb4F.png

so i print the barcode and paste it outside the box also write the RMA number with a sketch pen and print the pre mailer page and put it inside the box. Is that it or am i missing something ?

Hey guys, i bought a WD 640GB drive on TE http://www.techenclave.com/storage/western-digital-wd640aaks-warranty-till-feb-191447.html . It got dead in transit because of poor and silly packing :mad:. It is under warranty according to the seller. I raised a request for RMA and the pickup date was scheduled on 21st June. Still the drive has not been picked up :-[. I called their Bangalore office as told by seller on Friday and they told they will pick the drive on Saturday (yesterday). But, they haven't yet taken the drive :-[. I read in the WD website RMA expires after 1 month. Can I raise a RMA request again after expiry? Please help me guys and suggest in detail how I can get a replacement drive :)

Had the same issue as you. I did not need to raise another RMA request.

As per the issue of picking up the drive, I had mailed them several times and finally got this response :-

We would like to inform you that kindly contact to TNT courier and book your consignment.

We request you to send the faulty HDD on to-pay-basis to our Delhi service center. However you can send the HDD to our service center in account of the couriers mentioned below.

TNT Courier : 100745.

TNT Toll Free : 18004259999 ( From MTNL/BSNL network)

: 022-60009999 for East & West (From mobiles and private networks)

: 011-60009999 for North (From mobiles and private networks)

: 044-60009999 for South (From mobiles and private networks)

They mention the Delhi service centre, but send it to their bangalore address as mentioned in the RMA label since that is where they've shifted their warehouse now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

stallionsam said:
Any idea where I can buy a box to pack in a 3.5 inch internal Hard disk for WD RMA in Mumbai

Try the boxes they use for CD/DVD drives.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Had the same issue as you. I did not need to raise another RMA request.
As per the issue of picking up the drive, I had mailed them several times and finally got this response :-

They mention the Delhi service centre, but send it to their bangalore address as mentioned in the RMA label since that is where they've shifted their warehouse now

Oh, you mean to say I should send the drive through courier at my expense? :death:

guys one weird thing as ;

their toll free no. is not working.

when i created RMA for 2 yrs old wd my book 1 tb (usb 2,e sata,firewire).,they say its out of production and need to be replaced with drive which will have smartware software.

now i dont want to land up with RMA'd hdd coming with just usb port.

where can i call them

???

CA50 said:
WD toll-free no :
both no. do not exist.
where do we get new no.?
site no. also not working.
pathetic WD

done,

I went as per your instructions.

only issue I see is,none of their new drives are having ESATA port which my drive has.

so what drive I will be given?

my current drive has USB 2/ESATA/Firewire*2 ports.

i was told while creating rma that your drive is out of production and you will be given newer drive with smartware.

What can I do?

the drive runs at 5-6 MBPs for file copy over ESATA and its making that clicking noise.khuuurrrr khuuuutttt.

I have some 300 GB of important stuff to copy out.

what are my best options to take out data faster??

eSATA is your fastest option.

Mail them and ask them what can be done since you need an eSATA port.

Even I noticed that they've scrapped eSATA on the newer versions.

only option out it seems is USB 3 adapter if they provide one.

they provide SATA 3 adapter in US.

i dont know what they do here.

none of their current drive is with esata.

My Book Studio Edition II WDH2Q20000 is only one with ESATA and interface like mine and its only fallacy is its minimum 2TB.

will they give me 2TB for RMA?

other option is AV series which fits in my requirement of ESATA.this is what i may land up with.

CA50 said:
^ better contact with the courier company
I have given the address of my bro in kanchipuram as i feared the RMA will get fuc@3ed up if i give my real address.I dont know which courier company to contact? should i mail them or what?

Yep mail them. Or try asking them on Facebook/Twitter.

I had mailed them and they asked me to contact the nearest TNT branch. So find the nearest TNT branch in Kanchipuram and give them a call, they will pick it up.

P.s. : 1 week is nothing, it took them 2 months before they picked up my drive :p

Back