Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

The same happened in my case.

I guess if you're struggling to get them to pick up your drive, they send out a replacement before waiting to pick up or check the defective drive.

Don't forget to check warranty details of the replacement drive once you get it, since it most likely will be incorrect.

raksrules had also mentioned earlier in this thread that a CC rep told him they've started advanced replacements. Not sure if its true since they've not updated their website warranty policy, but I guess they are sort of doing that for select cases.

^^As no one came to pick up my drive mailed them and demanded they send me some drive as advance replacement as i need the drive urgently.The next day i received that mail.... i have not called the CS but will do it on monday .....yeah will check the warranty of the new drive...thanks for the heads up :).

The drive got delivered to the local DTDC agent on 15th itself.... but the lazy idiot never delivered it to me...called them he said he will bring it to my house tomorrow:mad: .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok got the drive delivered and its making noises ....my PC hangs at the Abit logo screen.....hitting DEL doesnt work either....it just hangs...the PC goes into windows only after i disconnect the new drive .Still no one came to pick up my original drive and this advanced replacement too looks like DOA.The package that arrived looked like some truck has run over it or something....when i opened it it was not at all safely packed to absorb any kinda shocks...no bubble raps nothing just two thermocol pieces placed on either side of the drive to protect it thats it :mad:.

I am cursing myself for going for WD drives :(.

What to do now guys?

I recently purchased a WD 500 GB caviar Blue WD5000AAKX.

Aftering registering my drive at WD site it shows Warranty Expiration Date as "OUT OF REGION"

What does that mean ?

Will I get replacement or not if the drive fails ?

you might not get replacement . where you bought drive from?

it seems to be parallel import.

sam000 said:
The drive got delivered to the local DTDC agent on 15th itself.... but the lazy idiot never delivered it to me...called them he said he will bring it to my house tomorrow:mad: .

Ok got the drive delivered and its making noises ....my PC hangs at the Abit logo screen.....hitting DEL doesnt work either....it just hangs...the PC goes into windows only after i disconnect the new drive .Still no one came to pick up my original drive and this advanced replacement too looks like DOA.The package that arrived looked like some truck has run over it or something....when i opened it it was not at all safely packed to absorb any kinda shocks...no bubble raps nothing just two thermocol pieces placed on either side of the drive to protect it thats it :mad:.

I am cursing myself for going for WD drives :(.

What to do now guys?

I also had same issue with my RMA,I did full error scan and full format.not quick format.

so far it is working well.

I dont like WD RMA drive handling.

d33p said:
I recently purchased a WD 500 GB caviar Blue WD5000AAKX.

Aftering registering my drive at WD site it shows Warranty Expiration Date as "OUT OF REGION"

What does that mean ?

Will I get replacement or not if the drive fails ?
Get in touch with WD Support , they might transfer the warranty to India region .

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Just RMAed a 2TB and a 1.5TB (2TB drive was DOA, replacement drive itself).

Created the RMA on the 15th night, pickup was scheduled for the 21st. Was pleasantly surprised to see the AFL courier guy turn up on the 16th itself, around 6PM. Should have the replacement HDDs with me next week. Kudos, WDC!

Guys i have a doubt i have registered my two WD External drives one is a WD elements usb 3.0 and the other is a my book essential 2.0 the thing is i recently saw a notification on the wdc website saying that the warranty is calculated from the date of manufacturing by default if we provide proof of purchase ill get the warranty from date of the purchase now here's the thing i registered my wd elements today and it is showin warranty from 16/9/2011 to 17/9/2014 (i havent provided any proof of purchase) whereas my other hard drive the warranty is displayed as 6/4/2009 to 4/3/2012

should i provide a proof of purchase for my other hard drive?

I vow to never ever ****ing purchase another WD again. Their customer care is absolutely pathetic.

I bought this WD Essential 1TB a year ago, the power adapter of which was DOA. I had tried at that time to contact their customer care for replacement of the adapter but to no avail. The customer care was pathetic and made excuses like they are out of stock etc. I had another WD Essential so I started using its adapter for the new drive. Now, I have run out of space in both the drives and I need the adapter replaced. I contacted their customer care but what they are saying is that its not in their policy to change power adapter even if it is DOA. What the fcuk am I supposed to do now? I tried getting the adapter from the market with same specifications but it doesn't fit.

Any solution guy?

Bluffmaster said:
I vow to never ever ****ing purchase another WD again. Their customer care is absolutely pathetic.

I bought this WD Essential 1TB a year ago, the power adapter of which was DOA. I had tried at that time to contact their customer care for replacement of the adapter but to no avail. The customer care was pathetic and made excuses like they are out of stock etc. I had another WD Essential so I started using its adapter for the new drive. Now, I have run out of space in both the drives and I need the adapter replaced. I contacted their customer care but what they are saying is that its not in their policy to change power adapter even if it is DOA. What the fcuk am I supposed to do now? I tried getting the adapter from the market with same specifications but it doesn't fit.

Any solution guy?

Can you post some pics of the adaptor+pin? My firend had a similar problem with his lenovo adaptor, which refused to charge his lappie. I told him to take the adapter to a electrician, who sorted out the loose connection inside.

oK have some doubt about packaging :

1)Use bubble wrap and thermocol

2)Take the printout of the pre mailer :

http://i.imgur.com/XwHNf.png

3)Write the RMA number on three sides of the box and the address on top (i am sending it to them via professional courier)

i remember i took out print out of RMA number with barcodes from their site to paste it on the side of the package....cant seem to remember how i got that barcode printout for the last RMA.Is it ok to just write the RMA number in bold letters on a white papper and glue it to the sides of the package ?

After waiting forever to get ma HDD picked up.....i sent the drive to them at ma own expense.....4 days later they send me a replacement to ma village.Ran WD extended test and it passed.So if you live in a remote area send the drive to them first...works out much better :p.

I purchased three HDDs from WD but all of them show out of region in their site. I asked them about it and they are asking for original bill. But unfortunately I am unable to find the bill at the moment siince I purchased the HDs 2 yrs back. Is there any way this can be resolved ?

Ok Guys Pls help me....this is my first RMA with WD.

I read packing instructions on their site and it seems I have to send the HD in the ESD bag that came with it otherwise they wont exchange.

Now problem is I dont have the ESD bag that came with the HD (never thought I would have to RMA).

So where do I get the ESD bag ?

Can I wrap the HD nicely in Polythene or aluminium foil...will that do ?

^^
Do this:

1. Note down the RMA# which you generate.
2. Purge the drive of any confidential information.
3. Place it in "any" anti-static bag. I used the anti-static bag I received my HD4890 in.
4. Put it in a nice box, and buffer with thermocol. I used an old router box.
5. Put their address, and write the RMA# on 4-5 sides of the box.
6. Courier it off.

Note:
They will only return back the HDD to the registered address. Also you need to print out one page from their site, and keep it inside the packaging.

Back