Other What consequences will I experience if I don't use a tempered glass on my flagship smartphone?

I tried one on my s20 fe but removed it since the touch screen/fingerprint sensor response went down
After applying tempered glass, remove saved fingerprints and add fresh. It will solve the problem.

I used it on on S20 FE 5G for 6-7 months without any problem but it was fingerprint magnet and felt greasy. So, removed it. No problem in functionality.

After applying tempered glass, remove saved fingerprints and add fresh. It will solve the problem.

I used it on on S20 FE 5G for 6-7 months without any problem but it was fingerprint magnet and felt greasy. So, removed it. No problem in functionality.
the one i used reduced touch sensitivity. thats the main reason i removed it. had to swipe more than once to get the response

Right, this is what people have said in the forums. Register the fingerprints after applying the TPG. It's not ultrasonic so there will be a delay.

I've even seen people register the same finger a second time. The annoying thing is it only recognises three fingerprints. So you are limited here.
I don't see why the TPG would have this grease problem but the main screen would not. both are glass, isn't it?

I just wipe the screen daily with a fluffy microfiber cloth. The fluffy part is important as it wicks away any finger grease quite effectively.

I actually love the look of a matte protector. But that also means I have to have a case on. Tempered glass protector let me get away with using my phone without a case lol.

Hello, I had a Redmi K20 Pro as my daily driver. Bought it at the time of launch. Great phone to be honest. It came with a silicon phone case out of the box. Never bothered to use a screen protector. After few years the silicon case began to wear out and I had dropped my phone a couple of times resulting in the glue which holds the glass back to loosen. No cracks though. Next I replaced the case with a skin from capesIndia and it lasted me about 6-7 months. After that I decided, no more cases/skins. Used the phone without any case for a while until one fine day while entering my car, the phone fell out of my pocket. Nothing happened to the glass screen or back on the day it fell but the next morning I saw a miniscule purple dot appear on my screen at the bottom left corner. It eventually started to spread and in about a month or so rendered my phone completely unusable. Since then I've upgraded to Pixel 6a and have a screen protector + Spigen case ON at all times. Learned my lesson.
5361aa28d3.jpg

It looked something like this by the end of the month. (not my phone just a reference image)

Last edited:
I had dropped my phone a couple of times. Used the phone without any case for a while until one fine day while entering my car, the phone fell out of my pocket. Nothing happened to the glass screen or back on the day it fell but the next morning I saw a miniscule purple dot appear on my screen at the bottom left corner. It eventually started to spread and in about a month or so rendered my phone completely unusable.
Well, this couple of times dropping things someday results in a havoc which is completely normal. You cannot expect luck to be on your side every time and logically every time a phone is dropped, something no matter 0.001% might go wrong inside and this percent keeps adding up to the extent that the damage gets visible instantly on one of the drops!

Well, this couple of times dropping things someday results in a havoc which is completely normal. You cannot expect luck to be on your side every time and logically every time a phone is dropped, something no matter 0.001% might go wrong inside and this percent keeps adding up to the extent that the damage gets visible instantly on one of the drops!
I've seen this with camera islands. Two or more cameras are covered by a sheet of glass. People drop their phones. Nothing.

Some days later a crack or more appears just like that. They are surprised. They cannot remember when they dropped the phone last.

It's like the tempered glass remembered this shock and gave way later.

Luck was definitely not on my side that day :cry:

Luck was definitely not on my side that day :cry:
Already said luck is luck not a recurring usual normal moment.. SO someday this was bound to happen..unless the device itself is charmed by luck!
Already said luck is luck not a recurring usual normal moment.. SO someday this was bound to happen..unless the device itself is charmed by luck!
I have one such story which I will only share sometime next year or so...

Last edited:
You need screen protection mostly for the scratches. Also if you add a tempered be it any quality, its job is to absorb the impact of fall and break. So don't risk it and get a tempered glass.

Back