What do we have Heir?

got back into head-fi again and i sure am sorry about my wallet, these are Heir Audio 8.A (8 driver Custom In Ear Monitors) and its been a really long dream to own a custom and now i finally saved up enough cash to buy the ones that i really wanted. I am super excited and been grinning ever since i put these on, the sound is insane. lush, detailed, with crazy bass and super smooth highs... i can go on and on about these, but will let the pics do the talking

Shell Colour is Black Mamba with Real carbon fiber backplate :D

Unboxing Video thanks to my Nephew -

Congrats man........ Glad you didn't get the UE ones you talked of at first. I've heard the demo of these and they're great. I'm all jealous and just promised myself that I'd save up for JH13s again :p

BTW did Heir get the fit ok at the first go? So whats next now that you're back into audio gear?

thanks bro! fit is perfect in the first go, i hadto do my ear impressions twice thats all, cuz i sent the pics to the wizard and he told me the issues with the first, but once i got them proper .. it was smooth sailing. did the rush order and they finished mine in 5 days flat (these included a weekend)- awesome customer service by them, i was updated with everything throughout the build. highly recomended. as for the next thing .. im on a DAP hunt .. the itouch /mac just doesnt power these proper .. any suggestions?? let me know if u try these with ur rig. want to know how the synergy is.. ur rig works best with the JH though so u better get the freqphase ones soon! hahaha :D

Wasn't really bought for the JHs although I'm sure they'll sound good.

If you're looking at a dedicated DAP and no amp the AK100 seems quite popular in SG. I like the look of the HM901 more though. With the amp modules being swappable they should drive iems and most cans quite well.

Great pics btw.

@Black_Hawk - thanks bro
@Ritvik - the RSA + JH combo go best! hahaha so now your obliged to get them! I've been lookin @ the ak100 and dx100, whats the SG price for the ak100?? the rwak100 is said to have <1ohm of impedance which works best with ciems .. considering that one too. just that no warranty once u do the mod.

the pictures were taken from a 550d with a basic lens kit - -- will be getting some new lens soon! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The AK100 is about 900 SGD usually. SG prices are on average 30% more than the US. End up buying from head-fi most of the time.....makes more sense.

Right now Jaben has a deal going for Chinese New Year.

CNY Special A
(Special Price: $1128)

• Astell & Kern AK100 Audiophile Player (Usual: $890)
  • Audio-Technica CK100 Pro Earphones (Usual: $888)
  • Hippo Can (Usual: $99)

Congrats @toxicdrift and Heir Audio 8.A (8 driver Custom In Ear Monitors) does that mean it has 8 drivers in a pair or per piece :O

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ritvik and yes will work out cheaper from the u.s,

Thanks Sonuyadav I am super happy!

Thanks nalin and yes bro they have 8 drivers per side - 2 for lows 2 for mids 2 for highs and 2 ultra highs :D
ill do a review once I upgrade to a better source with such iems crap in = crap out

edit for my 500th post! hahaha :D

Thanks bro! impressions cost me round 500Rs. - Damages round 1450$ Shipped to HK / a friend got them down for me :D

payed 1299$ (8.A) + 120$ for rush build (now 280$) + 30$ HK shipping via DHL -

*rush build - 5-7 days .. otherwise build takes anywhere for 3-5 weeks.

my wallet is crying!!!

^^ To spare my wallet more pain and anguish I have banned myself from hitting head-fi for almost a year now. :p

So out of date knowledge. Will do a bit of research and get back to you. :)

Wait wait, now is that US dollar or HK dollars?

Got my answer from their site :O. Congos man. I would really love to hear them and find out what do they sound like.

Brendon looking fwd to it bro!!
ultimabasher - USD bro lol... not HKD.. i shipped it to HK as they dont low value their iems (for insurance purposes, incase they get lost or stolen) .. i would have payed duty more then 20K easy.. so i told him to ship it to HK to avoid duty as had a friend who was coming down.. so worked out better for me. although they ship via UPS express as a standard, its not a company policy to low value. they r just fantastic ,, they even sent pictures after it was done and asked me weather i liked em, if not they would redo it, i dont know of any other company that does that...they even offer warranty transfer service... so incase i ever want to sell them, the next buyer can pay 70$ for a reshell and get these done according to his/her ears. and the warranty left is automatically transfered to them. which is also great. but thankfully ive found something that i can live with for a long time ... I love how smooth and refined the treble is. Bass is very punchy and well controlled. if a song doesn't have much bass then the 8.A doesn't shove any in. However, if the song has a really strong bass presence then, yeah, your head just might rattle off your shoulders. in short You hear the bass when you're supposed to. Mids are neither very forward or distant just right in the center, and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. they handle anything that ive thrown at them, everything from bollywood, some rock to electronic dance music..... i have not heard any high def music yet, just 320k mp3's which honestly does not to justice to them, once i upgrade my source and get some proper high quality tracks.. ill really know what they r capable of .. so saving up right now for more spending lol :)

Got a new cable from Toxic Cables UK - its the Silver Widow litz 25.5AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo)

have sent my 8.A for some minor adjustments - cant wait for them to get back so that i can get intoxicated!!!! :D
till then let the pics do the talking, absolutely fantastic build by Frank. this is a quality cable.

Damages - 245GBP shipped via Fedex.

Back