what do you guys do with your downloads?

I only keep Block Buster games with me and comic TV series and highly liked 5.1 Channel Blu Ray Source.

Where do you guy get English Movies dubbed in Hindi ? PM me.

Movies (HD or non-HD), followed by game-installers, are the real "space-collector" for me. :)

To shorten my movie collection, what I do is first decide the movies that I would like to see again, then group them according to Genre, and store them accordingly, in folders.

Since as of now I have a 32 inch screen the usual 700MB-1.5GB rips work fine for me, on my local wifi network.

(For all high-res prints I convert it to mp4 (that also reduces the MB size quite a bit!))

For games, I rarely keep the installers around after I have finished them. :)

What good are DVDs for the 6-10 GB HD rips I usually get!!

Most of the times i seed, and unless its a movie i really like i delete it after watching.

This:

phoenix844884 said:
Store quality content, delete the rest.

When storage space was a luxury, I used to download all crap in 1080p. And now with the prices of the hard drives skyrocketed I am forced to delete all the useless content which has a low IMDb/RT/Metacritic score. Recently deleted all the backups of the titles I had played for the PS3 which amounted to almost a TB. At the moment, there is ~300GB of space left in the last 2TB drive and it is getting occupied gradually. Will have to rely on my roomie's 2TB drive until the prices of the drives becomes a bit more affordable.

@vercetti: I've got to admit, your collection is INSANE and well organised! Pretty much shows your dedication. :p

I second that...Whatever movie I watched if its above 5 rating in IMDB it would be in my HD collection. If its a BAD movie then i would probably have a 3-5GB print.

for classics I usually have a 20-50GB print per movie:)

I was dedicated once....now no dvds, just store the content in my Hard drives:)

BTW: if u ever need to get those PS3 backups back, u know whom to contact:)

Gannu said:
When storage space was a luxury, I used to download all crap in 1080p. And now with the prices of the hard drives skyrocketed I am forced to delete all the useless content which has a low IMDb/RT/Metacritic score. Recently deleted all the backups of the titles I had played for the PS3 which amounted to almost a TB. At the moment, there is ~300GB of space left in the last 2TB drive and it is getting occupied gradually. Will have to rely on my roomie's 2TB drive until the prices of the drives becomes a bit more affordable.

@vercetti: I've got to admit, your collection is INSANE and well organised! Pretty much shows your dedication. :p

Gannu said:
I am forced to delete all the useless content which has a low IMDb/RT/Metacritic score.

ehhh? Shouldn't your personal score be the only one that matters?? You delete a movie cause imdb tells you it's not so great? :S

[OT]Arvind, I always wanted to ask this, when you collect those 20+ GB rips with DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD audio, do you actually intend to watch them later on an AVR that supports decoding these signals? I am asking this because the Z5500 cannot decode those signals so it is pointless to have these files when the video quality is absent or at the most negligible.

For instance, say you have the Avatar 1080p blu-ray rip which has the DTS track and amounts to ~10-12GB in size and you have another blu-ray rip which is, say 30GB but has the DTS-HD MA track. Video quality is almost absent if you were to compare the two files but the latter has a better audio track which is evident if you have a very good 1L+ audio setup in place. Are you going to watch these movies once again when you shift to this setup later?

I usually limit the rips to 16GB at the most.[/OT]

@Gannu...if u check my current Setup then I have a 22" full HD monitor and a 42" HD ready Plasma; so getting a full bluray or a 20+ GB rip is a no brainer for me. Same also goes for the Audio. As a thumb rule; I download the best available so that I don't have to struggle later on when I plan to upgrade.

From my perspective, having 20 drives is a much better option than having 2000+ blurays (very difficult to store and manage)

I remeber in 2008 when It was the peak for my dvd collection. I had 1000+ dvds and no place to keep them. As a result, all the dvds are lying in some storage carton Boxes in my house now

Mate, I think he meant his personal score which usually more or less matches IMDB for crappy movies:)...atleast it does for me. for movies rated above 5.5 in IMDB scores vary. For eg: a movie rated as 6.5 in IMDB may get a score of 8 from me (eg: The replacements, Notting hill)

zhopudey said:
ehhh? Shouldn't your personal score be the only one that matters?? You delete a movie cause imdb tells you it's not so great? :S

zhopudey said:
Not just IMDb but a collective score based from Metascores, Rotten Tomatoes and those rated by colleagues and friends. A rule of thumb rather. Cannot risk downloading some random 10GB file and later find myself dozing halfway through the movie.

Just curious but how do you know what movie should you download? Do you blindly download anything that has been set Freelech by the tracker?

Yes, I have the collection bug too and God knows how many times I have re-watched stuff. To give you an example, at present I must have atleast a 200 GB collection of un-watched stuff and yet I always end up watching the classic movies or my favorite TV show whenever I find time. In the days of past even I used to collect those 700mb rips on a DVD but the same just doesn't make any sense now with huge HD sizes. The best way is to invest in some good 1-2TB hdds but with hdds getting more and more expensive even I have run out of space.

And as somewhere here pointed out, you never know when the Internet as we know it might end so its best to save up on as many things as you can.

vivek.krishnan said:
Expertise? lol. All you need is an audio ripper+editor(if not in sync) and the matroska muxer.

I, on the contrary, remove the hindi/etc audio of such rips. I dont need to hear hindi crap dialogues at all. Also, I just remove the identifier tags, etc.

@vercetti

he will not do it for hindi movies but for english ones. An example is the harry potter series. he gets the hd rips, adds the hindi audio from the 700mb ones.
LOL its not that easy as you said ... it takes time ... all hindi dubed are of 25FPS and original prints are in 23.976 FPS
you have to stretch the audio retaining the quality to match english audio and then if there are some explicit scenes [which are usually deleted in hindi dubbed version] or deleted scenes you have to take exact english part and insert at the correct interval also normalize the english audio to match with hindi audio
could you please do few simple muxing for me i will provide source for both :p
vercetti said:
Oh...The way it was written I thought something else:(
so the Hindi Audio is what's unavailable...and not the actual movie. got it.

nice hobby though @kartikoli.
i do it only for few movies as it takes time and i cant share those with other due to my internet conncetion

Bluffmaster said:
Yes, I have the collection bug too and God knows how many times I have re-watched stuff. To give you an example, at present I must have atleast a 200 GB collection of un-watched stuff and yet I always end up watching the classic movies or my favorite TV show whenever I find time. In the days of past even I used to collect those 700mb rips on a DVD but the same just doesn't make any sense now with huge HD sizes. The best way is to invest in some good 1-2TB hdds but with hdds getting more and more expensive even I have run out of space.

And as somewhere here pointed out, you never know when the Internet as we know it might end so its best to save up on as many things as you can.

Same here, I somehow always come back to the movies I liked. Why risk something that might not be good and ruin the limited free time that I have :p
The things happening on my end are starnge right now. My PC is powered off after months I think. Nothing to download.
Don't even have the tim to go and look around to see what I can download :)

what I do with my downloads?

well, my HDD eats 'em. Yeah, its a regular festival for my HDD to crash at least once in a year. :p

And there goes my junks. Clean space.

(in hdd crashes I lost 120gb of mp3, 350+ gb of game setups, 300+gb movies, countless TV shows in last 3 years)

I have a dvd collection (most of which I burnt while leaving college lan) of around 100 dvd sl. Added few in last couple of years with some 720/1080p titles. (with excel of course :p)

Had a game collection ~80 dvds. Later realized - its just waste - I never reinstall any gamer later - so now I just wait for my HDD eat 'em up (can't delete them :) )

Earlier I used to download and write CD's then came the DVD's then portable HDD's arrived, Now I have stopped storing anything permanently, After downloading stuff mostly movies and documentaries I erase them.

As it is currently I have around 1000+ CD's and 3-3.5k DVD's and a few 500 gb & 1 TB HDD's

vercetti said:
Well... I used to burn movies in cd's while in college (10 years ago). Then I used to write everything in DVDs.

Around 4 years back; I re-did my collection. Now I have the collection as per below:

1. Around 5000 DVDs (including 500 Dual layers): All details mapped properly in an excel sheet and all dvds numbered and arranged based on type (series, Movies, HD content, Hindi, english). Any dvd/movies I want I can get in a max of 3-5 minutes.

2. I have around 20TB of HDD. from the past 2 years have stopped burning dvds. was planning to mirror all my hard drives but due to the increasing prices this has to wait.

To answer ur question: I do not delete HD movies. I delete them if I have multiple copies of the same movie. For Eg: for Batman forever I had a 4,8, 12 and 23GB Rip (decided to keep the 8 and 23GB rips).

Sir, I salute you!

If I may ask, where and how have you attached 20TB of HDDs? I am in that dilemma myself for quite some time.

I keep most game installers that I download. I still like to play Odium/FEAR/ NFS 2 SE now and again.

Movies I always delete,Because most of them you can get somewhere someplace on the net if needed again..

devesh38 said:
I never delete my movies. Have quite a big collection now in digital format. I dont burn it onto DVD's and keep them, instead i have it all on HDDs because I want them on my fingertips and to be played whenever i want to see them. :D

Cant wait to find the DVD and play it (i am too lazy:p). Most probably that's the reason why most people dont see the movie twice.

Little OT : On the other hand if the internet was unlimited or approx than 1TB FUP with min speed of 2mbps for 1000-2000 bugs a month, then i would have thought of deleting movies and see it whenever i want from internet. But still these days one never knows when a rule is passed and most of the content on internet is blocked.

That would be nice if I had to trade bugs for internet plan instead of money. :|

And just for this thread :

a26dfe85af.jpg

Back