What else do you use your PS2 for apart from obvious ??

raksrules

Elite
What use do you put your PS2 for apart from the obvious part of playing games. I mean i would like to explore all the possibilities of this great console. My list apart from games is to play movies downloaded from the internet using the SMS player application. Viewing pics is possible but it is tedious as you cannot go to the next image directly (me thinks so).

Online gaming i tried once but it was stuck at some authentication screen for a lot of time, although the connection using my triband happened fine.

Also will it be possible for me to get great resolution, if in future i plan to get a say 46" HD LCD TV ???

One more thing...i had asked this some time ago also...is it actually possible (or may be feasible is the right word) to play mkv files (HD and Non-HD)

Has anybody ever tried plugging in a HDD and playing movies / music of it. I know getting the games to work is a pain. I have a 250 GB Transcend external HDD (NTFS formatted) and that does not work may be because of the file system

BTW i own a NTSC-J pre modded slim PS2. :hap2:

Just games for the moment. Haven't even bothered with watching DivX movies, as I already have a DivX player. Tried loading some game saves off from the internet, but no luck using Codebreaker. Researched a bit, found out that the recent SCPH-9xxx series don't have a good compatibility with USB devices. WTF?

So just planning to play games for the time being. I'll leave the heavy duty stuff to my PC or possibly a next gen console which I might purchase.

OT: X-Men Origins: Wolverine is out for the PS2. :hap2:

I din't read your post just answering your thread title...you could install Linux. Though i dunno how it would perform with just 32MB ram. There are enough guides around net for the same :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just games for the moment. Haven't even bothered with watching DivX movies, as I already have a DivX player. Tried loading some game saves off from the internet, but no luck using Codebreaker. Researched a bit, found out that the recent SCPH-9xxx series don't have a good compatibility with USB devices. WTF?

So just planning to play games for the time being. I'll leave the heavy duty stuff to my PC or possibly a next gen console which I might purchase.

OT: X-Men Origins: Wolverine is out for the PS2. :hap2:

have u tried the game in ur ps2 ?I read where thats ps2 version is boring and very repetitive? I am not sure about the pc version will work well in my pc

Unfortunately Satya, I got it for the PC. The thought did cross my mind however to get it for the PS2. Then I heard that the PS2 version was pretty much stripped off the gore factor & the graphics were not really that good. But if you're really keen on trying it out, then go for it.

I use one as a shelf base to stack dics, in other words its lying practically useless :p, If you are wondering why just read on ....

1. cuz its not modded and its an NTSC-J unit (Cant seem to find a reasonable shop to get it modded, nor is anyone able to point me out to a reliable shop )

2. Original dics (NTSC-J) are hard to come by in Bangalore, even in the flea market, the ones priced in play-asia are too expensive for its worth...

mjkn79 said:
I use one as a shelf base to stack dics, in other words its lying practically useless :p, If you are wondering why just read on ....

1. cuz its not modded and its an NTSC-J unit (Cant seem to find a reasonable shop to get it modded, nor is anyone able to point me out to a reliable shop )

2. Original dics (NTSC-J) are hard to come by in Bangalore, even in the flea market, the ones priced in play-asia are too expensive for its worth...

dont know that Blore..but know where it can be done in chennai :) pm me if required
Ethan_Hunt said:
Unfortunately Satya, I got it for the PC. The thought did cross my mind however to get it for the PS2. Then I heard that the PS2 version was pretty much stripped off the gore factor & the graphics were not really that good. But if you're really keen on trying it out, then go for it.
I also heard the same - will hunt in weekend

and ya i forgot to mention i got a software armax evo.it's really nice.let's u use ur ps2 as a mp3 player and also it's got cheat codes for nearly all games.so best of luck....

chang143u said:
i got a ps2 and everything works fine.it's modded so i can play all games cheap!!!!got it from my aunt in japan...

chang143u said:
and ya i forgot to mention i got a software armax evo.it's really nice.let's u use ur ps2 as a mp3 player and also it's got cheat codes for nearly all games.so best of luck....

u have an aunt in japan - :hap2: ; chang - is ur nick name

Sorry to deviate from the topic, i finally got a shop on SP Road which says 1500 bux to get my unit modded, he said he is not using any local chip ( He probably meant el Cheapo variety) He mentioned something like Matrix Infinity, Got some questions for you old peeps here...

1) Is the price justified

2) Is Matrix Infinity the best option out there

mjkn79 said:
Sorry to deviate from the topic, i finally got a shop on SP Road which says 1500 bux to get my unit modded, he said he is not using any local chip ( He probably meant el Cheapo variety) He mentioned something like Matrix Infinity, Got some questions for you old peeps here...

1) Is the price justified

2) Is Matrix Infinity the best option out there

Hell,yeah,matrix infinity plays mostly wide variety of backups.. my last ps2 has this mod chip.my current ps2 has some local chip i guess- since it does not show any name while booting and not playing all the stamped,backup games. I have to rebuilt most of my games in 4x with verbatim media.

your vendor seems genuine - as matrix infinity is one of the costliest and the best ps2 mod chip available.the cost of this chip seems varies in different in different website. 1k should be the best price

Do mod chips really make a diff? I have a local modded one bought some time back and have all my games on HDD using network adapter.

All the games I throw at it work great.

Back