What gadget/gizmo to buy as a gift within 5K

Mobile phone.
The Nokia 5130XM. Phone + MP3 player :p

It would be better if you mention the gender and age group of the person whom you gonna gift. Ppl would be in a better postion to suggest then.

A portable HDD if the person is a movie buff. Or few blu ray titles of their favorite movies etc...

If you've time, get a FLIP pocket camcorder from US through KMD.

>>Digital Photo Frame is another choice.

>>Entry-level digicams come @5K

The Flip may not be a bad idea actually, but then this person has a N97 mini anyway which I assume will have a pretty nifty video cam

It would be better if you mention the gender and age group of the person whom you gonna gift. Ppl would be in a better postion to suggest then.

25ish, female... and no, not my girlfriend

PS2 I think its for about 5.5k

No gaming devices unfortunately

I have totally stopped giving such gifts. I just give them a voucher and they can buy whatever they want from that store ! They truly feel happy, be it sister, relative, girlfriend or girlfriend's friend ... :p

Becoz u just dont know what a person wants(in that time-frame) since there are hundreds of things available in the market.

superczar said:
25ish, female... and no, not my girlfriend

Why have you fixed on gadgets? There are so many better things to give to gals. [No pun intended :eek:hyeah:]

Btw, if she has a laptop / desktop, get some accessory(TV Tuner/Laptop dock-stand/etc). If into music, an entry-level full 61-key synthesizer from Yamaha/ Casio.

I'm running out of options - or as Aladdin says, get a 5K CROMA gift voucher :)

If it has to be a gadget : Newegg.com - Add-On Cards,usb 3.0 card

Nearly everyone needs these now. I'd feel dumb gifting this to a girl, but useful none the less. I'd always operated under the assumption that girls love fragrances, worked well for me so far.

She must have some hobbies....? Painting? Photography? Make up? Cooking? Trekking? Cosplay?

Umm... depends on her likings.. the most obvious choices are all mentioned by others.. however i concur what alladin suggests.. nothing can beat a voucher.

Apart from that.. maybe a Guitar (choice independent) and hmm good bluetooth headset like DR-BT140Q | Bluetooth® Wireless Stereo Headset | Sony | Sony Style USA (i have these and they are good and do their job - u'll have to order these from US though. I mentioned these coz they are different and i guess any girl, rather anyone would like to always receive a unique gift)

Rest there are a ton of choices to gift a girl apart from gizmos. Happy hunting ! :)

^ Are you blind or just plain ignorant? OP clearly stated that it's not his girlfriend neither this is out of place to ask for gadget suggestion for gifting. I reckon the person he wants to gift is enough gadget lover and I assume that's why he didn't mention about gender first hand. But you had to go ahead and make pointless and absolutely-not-funny-but-rather-idiotic comment, without actually posting anything that remotely helps OP.

On Topic:

It's really a tough choice in 5k if we are talking about consumer gadget (not geek stuff like PC innards and such)... MP3 players and sub-5k digicams are out of question, as those needs are mostly fulfilled by our cellphones. I think it's better to look for accessories based on the gadgets she already owns and uses in daily life. Nothing is better than giving something a person can regularly uses, regardless the gender. Something like laptop or desktop accessory, or cellphone accessory.

Also, I agree with Alladin and Meghna. When you're out of ideas for gifts, Gift Voucher is the best idea. :)

Back