What is the average demography of TE members?

How old are you?

• 10-15

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • 21-25

Votes: 63 21.4%
  • 26-30

Votes: 59 20.0%
  • 31-35

Votes: 75 25.4%
  • 36-40

Votes: 41 13.9%
  • 41-50

Votes: 30 10.2%
  • 50+

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • 0-10

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
So much nostalgia. Turned 35 last month. Back then the One friend with CD or DVD writer was the go to guy in the gang(it was me in my group ;)). Friends use to come for a night stay during the weekend to download and burn it to the discs. I upgraded to Ryzen last week and was reconnecting my hard disks and was wondering why do I have 4TB space. I had so many downloads from 2007 and onwards. The 4G and Fibre speeds these days have spoiled everyone. My 1.5year old nephew refuses to eat his lunch/dinner unless I stream Tom&Jerry on the TV or give him the mobile so he can play it himself. If I play a rhymes video he swipes the video up, scrolls to Tom&Jerry and starts it. Kids these days are app savvy. Still remember bugging my parents to buy me a PC so that I "learn programming", in reality, so I could play Red Alert 2 and Warcraft 3 :joyful:

This rings so true to me. So eager to get the next copy of Digit, Skoar, PC Quest etc etc. Used to grab 6 months worth of back issues for 300rs atlogether. Drooling over all that tech goodness, re-reading the crap out of those magazines, delicately using limited bandwidth 56k dial-up to learn stuff that I still remember today and simply absorbing and putting all that information to use in the real world with aimless and fun projects. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the DIYer, tinkerer and sastha-hunter I am today if it weren't for being part of that age.
The 56k dialup modem successfully connecting is one of the sweetest sounds in my memory.

So much nostalgia. Turned 35 last month. Back then the One friend with CD or DVD writer was the go to guy in the gang(it was me in my group ;)). Friends use to come for a night stay during the weekend to download and burn it to the discs. I upgraded to Ryzen last week and was reconnecting my hard disks and was wondering why do I have 4TB space. I had so many downloads from 2007 and onwards. The 4G and Fibre speeds these days have spoiled everyone. My 1.5year old nephew refuses to eat his lunch/dinner unless I stream Tom&Jerry on the TV or give him the mobile so he can play it himself. If I play a rhymes video he swipes the video up, scrolls to Tom&Jerry and starts it. Kids these days are app savvy. Still remember bugging my parents to buy me a PC so that I "learn programming", in reality, so I could play Red Alert 2 and Warcraft 3 :joyful:
Back then CD writer was a must for newbie audiophiles. Convincing parents to spend night at friends place was a challenge.

hGWrZoF.gif

it really whips the llama's ass!

Holy Crap!

This is my favorite game ever. I played this game before I slept, when I woke up back then.

When there were some 500K people on ladder my best was 88 :cool:.

Honorable mention to the original Red Alert, 2nd favorite game ever.

In a conversation about demographics, I'm surprised nobody has bought up gender. I wonder if we still have any actual lady members. I know we had one (I know for sure because i was at her marriage (as a driver though)

In a conversation about demographics, I'm surprised nobody has bought up gender. I wonder if we still have any actual lady members. I know we had one (I know for sure because i was at her marriage (as a driver though)
You're right! Stereotypical cognitive bias at play, heh.

Great but whoever claimed here to be a female was either fake, got banned or 99% not active.. May be surely were female bots to lure real males around..

@PoBoy z80 on what device? I have fond memories of my Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k, still have it stashed away some place at home.
Same here memories , at school for basic programming , Sinclair zx spectrum , commodore 64 and bbc micro . Good old days , and the green and also Amber florucent displays .
Cheers Ankush !

Back