What is the reason Indians call others Sir, Madam or Saheb etc?

How tf is it entitlement to call someone properly? Would it be okay if I kept calling a guy named Arun as Anil? Even though I know his name is Arun? If I did that I'd be an a-hole. There are no two sides to this.

That teacher went out of his way to do that. If he doesn't 'believe' in transgender people (whatever tf that means btw, no scientists would say otherwise) then he shouldn't get SR surgery himself. But he doesn't get to dictate others. If John wants be called as Jane then call her Jane. Don't go out of your way to be a d--k.

Nobody does that apart fictional people in from anecdotes by right wing chuds.

It's clear from where you and others getting their views. And that shit needs to be called out. We don't need the sh-t that's going on in US in this country. We have enough on our plate.

Yeah. There was that gamergate bullshit that I got caught up in briefly. Thankfully I didn't go down that road.

Yeah they can but in my experience they're really terrible at it.

Do you know who said that? Kevin Alfred Strom, a neo-nazi and a holocaust denier. Maybe find out where you're getting quotes from before spouting them like a parrot.
I wanted to answer you properly but these sentences took me back.

There are no two sides to this.

It's clear from where you and others getting their views. And that shit needs to be called out.

How do you know the news paper was writing the truth? How do you know the school was talking the truth?

You blame others for falling for propaganda but your views are just as bad as Foxnews hosts or Trump supporters. Maybe you fell for propaganda but you don't know better because your anger took the better of you.

So, i won't respond anymore. Thanks for letting me know what kind of mentality you have. I just wanted to have a discussion but you don't seem like they type to keep discussion civil. You get angry just by looking at a wall of text. Goodbye.

How do you know the news paper was writing the truth? How do you know the school was talking the truth?
Because I have seen the places that regurgitate this bs. Been observing this American idiocy on the internet for almost a decade now and it's very easy to spot.

You blame others for falling for propaganda but your views are just as bad as Foxnews hosts or Trump supporters. Maybe you fell for propaganda but you don't know better because your anger took the better of you.
Ah yes. One side is taking away the rights of individuals and another side is opposed to that. Somehow both are equal.

Maybe we should also listen to both sides when it comes to fascism and authoritarians.

I have barely posted any views of mine. All I did was question the rhetoric that you have posted.

So, i won't respond anymore. Thanks for letting me know what kind of mentality you have. I just wanted to have a discussion but you don't seem like they type to keep discussion civil. You get angry just by looking at a wall of text. Goodbye.
Great. Looks like you didn't have answer to any questions I raised so you took to attacking me instead.

Okay, will that keep in mind.
Though few months earlier, someone else commented against it, they considered directly mentioning their userid as a personal attack against them than debating their opinion. Anyways...

> Again, the school got a restraining order. He was sent to jail for violating the order, not for his refusal of pronouns which is ridiculous.

The school got restraining order because he raised pronouns issue, Burke interrupted a church service held to mark the school’s 260th anniversary, which was attended by clergy, staff, past and present pupils, parents, and board members. The issue was about pronouns to begin with.
The root cause and restrain order which was violated by him was about pronouns to be used at specific class of people raised by Burke in the church function. Its all about pronouns.
The issue is getting suspended for refusing to comply with pronouns.

The guy can't teach at that school because he won't use pronouns. Isn't that bad enough?

So what does he do? Maybe he felt the only way to bring attention to his issue was to escalate matters. Make a scene.

Forget about the jail bit. It follows as a consequence of his actions after. The jail part is the hook in the story that brought the publicity, not the main part.

My guess is this happened at a state school. So he's a state employee, teachers union nationwide bla bla. He thinks the union will back him which is not a given.

A private school would have handled it differently.
I have realized over time that its somehow the nerds who are often most susceptible to such propaganda.. I have some theories about how this came to be - but that would be a major digression :lol
Make a new thread and let's see what you got :)
I'm talking about people forcing their views on others. Think about it from both the sides instead of just one side. The person who was born one gender and wants everyone to call him as her or whatever one day is pushing his/her view on others by forcing others to bend to their whims. That is major entitlement imo. They are the person who decided to be called differently. Even if the other party does not want to call them by their preferred pronoun they should be the ones who should compromise because they are the ones who believe they are different.
Do you have a name? Can people call you something else?
Let's say someone keeps changing their pronoun as and when they feel different will you keep up with their antics? I'm sure you will say yes and good for you.
Won't matter what you call this lot because either way works.

This pronouns bit is amusing for me. The hard part is remembering what to call them. Helps if there are visual cues. Online is harder and requires more familiarity.

I remember this lab tech who in my first year was a 'he' but a few years later became a 'she'. Visibily. Long hair with lipstick. It was a surprise.
Slavoj Žižek
This guy is very interesting, reminds me in a way of a Slavic Ashish Nandy.

I was going through the democrat manifesto as the election was nearing and searched for the word Indian just to get a sense of what they thought of us.

To my surprise, i got more than 90 hits. Thinking oh what is this? Then as I went through it they were actually referring to Native Americans.

There was only one mention of India in that whole manifesto.

Last edited:

In local usage, male teachers were generally called ''maashu' and females 'teacher' in school level.
Professors were called sir or madam... In school level, male teachers are hugely outnumbered by females.
The kind of burning issue which needed addressing... Funny this shit is catching up...

Last edited:
Back