Other What is your experience with Samsung battery replacement?

OnlyConsultant

Disciple
If you have got battery replaced in Samsung device,
1. what were the charges
2. how did replacement battery do- revive the device or work only for couple of months
3. experience and location

Thanks

I have a S10+ and have scheduled a battery replacement in a week as part wasn't available and placed on order.
Battery had a slight bulge and was going from 40 % to 0 in around 6 hours with very minimal usage and power saving on.
1. 2800 including all taxes. Website showing ~1200 without labor /taxes
2. Will update once done.
3. Handover was smooth enough. Hyderabad

I have a S10+ and have scheduled a battery replacement in a week as part wasn't available and placed on order.
Battery had a slight bulge and was going from 40 % to 0 in around 6 hours with very minimal usage and power saving on.
1. 2800 including all taxes. Website showing ~1200 without labor /taxes
2. Will update once done.
3. Handover was smooth enough. Hyderabad
After some delays got the replacement done and went smoothly except a delay due to some server' s being done. I don't need to stay on power saving mode always and bit more stable but also realized that drupe was also draining a lot of battery previously. All in all if your device is 3+ years old ..might be a good thing to do

I've done it twice on my samsung note 9, first was after market for 1800 rs didn't work out really, battery life was worst than before also back was stuck with wide openings between glass and frame.
Next I gave to samsung authorized service center, cost me 2250 rs, took one day, battery life back to as it was brand new and the rear seal was perfect, almost factory perfect
Location Chitradurga Karnataka,
I would suggest go for samsung original at asc, your phone will be back to 100% functionality. I'm actually planning to replace my wife's note 10 plus and even my Note 20 ultras too very soon

I have done battery replacements for samsung phones in the authorised service center.

You can use the below link to find out the cost of your samsung mobile replacement battery.
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/spare-part-pricing-list-for-repair/

they will charge GST and labour charges apart from the price of the battery.

from my experience, nothing matches the battery backup of original battery from authorised service center. if original battery is available in authorised service center, then definitely go for it.

Trivia:
what is the costliest mobile phone battery in india?
5000 + GST + service charge.

1637579866391.png

Just curious, for how many years do manufacturers keep the parts available for a device before you are left on your own?

Apple supports for 7 years or longer if the law requires it to. I don't think anyone else states it officially. Probably most source the parts for a year or two and let the stocks run out.

Apple supports for 7 years or longer if the law requires it to. I don't think anyone else states it officially. Probably most source the parts for a year or two and let the stocks run out.
For automobiles I believe it is 7 years per law but nothing for phones but in the site it shows spares available from S6 so 7 years also possibly for phones.
The manufacturers usually prefer to keep this hidden as we all know it can impact the upgrade cycles for manufacturers if more folks start doing it especially with flagship devices are better candidates.
Battery run the risk of fire etc if defective and not in a good shape so better to have it done from authorized service center in all cases for battery + normally they do they try to ensure that your device still retains IPX or some waterproof capabilities where's a local shop might not.

After some delays got the replacement done and went smoothly except a delay due to some server' s being done. I don't need to stay on power saving mode always and bit more stable but also realized that drupe was also draining a lot of battery previously. All in all if your device is 3+ years old ..might be a good thing to do
Hi, may I know which service center in Hyderabad?

So yesterday I went to a service center and they told me no need to change battery.. As per them, when it is bulging, then only we need to change, otherwise software reset will be fine it seems.

Changed my 1.5 yr old S9 battery . It was getting too hot . Better now . Samsung service center in Mumbai 2.2k .
My amoled display too is bad .. yellowing ... But won't replace as it costs 10k .

Changed my fathers samsung note 9 battery in jaipur they charged 2499 for replacement , including 249 for srevice like cleaning speaker and mic of the phone battery backup not improved as expected ..

Replaced the battery in my 5 year old OP3 but the improvements were short lived. I then read up to know Lithium battery do have a shelf life and therefore, whenever replacing a battery, if it isn't less than a year old, it probably isn't going to last long.

Last edited:
@tripo @mh09ad5578 @gokul.ece22 @ankushv @Rohit1355

Guys did any of you submit your phone while ordering for battery? I visited 2 service centers, but both of them asked to submit my phone if they have to order battery.
I asked why and they said it's procedure, and they themselves have no idea why.
I didn't order though, as they said battery is not available, so they cannot say when it will arrive or if it will arrive.

Back