What is your First internet Memory ?

multi

Adept
Well , after reading this over Gizmodo Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

I just wanted to know if we TEians have such good old memories for such days :p
I remember those days when I got dial up connection @ home & listening those after dialing sound , I & other friends make guess after how much time it will get connected :ashamed:

one of jealous bugger got to know that if someone making such login or say connected to net , the other person who dials his number generally feels that no one picking up the phone , but if he dials it continuous that line gets disconnected :mad:

have you such old days :ashamed:

I remember those Dialup 56kbps Internet days back in 1999, when 50MB download was like downloading 15GB 1080p and how can we forget that chee chunnnn chee chaannn teennnnnnn tunn teeen taaan connecting sound:D

Satyam Online :p the 56kbps connection .... at that time we had a competition of collecting pictures :D .... and also opening wwe.com to know the upcoming events results lol :D

I was on ISDN while the world was on 56 dial up..coz my uncle had a netcafe at that time..so it was the NEED FOR SPEED era for me...and I totally wanted a CC coz sex.com wanted me to have one.. :)

Mine was at a cyber cafe in 1998, at 70 bucks per hour. Not sure what speed it was - was too naive to know all these things. The cafe guy opened a Yahoo! mail account for me. I never happened to login back to that account as I forgot the password :D I was also shown a site streaming songs like a radio, was mighty impressed. Then it was rediffmail.com. Ah, that excitement!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PS: Nice thread idea!

@ RS. 100/hour. Of course was the dial up-handshake. I guess 1998.

First website to rest my eyes on was hotmail.com.

Well...

Sify online/ADL

yahoooooo

Hotmail

that very popular baba site. :D. :D.

some wallpaper site.. :S.

And yea, sooo wanted a CC also. :( :( :(. and giving fake birth dates. hehehehe.

VSNL dialup connection first...20 rupees / hour + whatever telephone bill/per hour came
One of the first sites is the greatest BABA website :p

Then had pounced upon caltiger with that ugly advertisement bar. But had found a way to remove that ad bar from the screen to get more real estate for my surfing needs :)

My first internet experience was in my 11th class in high school. I had Comp Sc as optional subject and my teacher opened chatting.com to show us what is chatting. Yes, chatting was in our syllabus :eek:hyeah: Later I got a VSNL dial-up account in my home with that shhoooo-shhheee...titi ton..tit tong wala connection :D 561/- for 50 hrs or something like that + every 7.5 mins a normal call charge for phone.

I used to go to Cyber cafes for Internet access back in 1997-98. Those were the days when Cyber cafes used to block registration pages of free email service providers like Yahoo and Mail city so that they can charge money for creating a free email account. I got my own dial up connection a while later.

Back