What is your monthly usage? (Wired broadband)

What was your Sept or Aug broadband usage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is the objective of this poll exactly? Are you going to forward it to ISPs asking them to increase their caps?

^Just checking if we are living in a practical place where we know our wants or Living in a fake Modi-fied world.

On topic, inspiration was GeekyRanjit..

Screenshot_20200929-203250~2.png

Last edited:
Ok, because most people (not us tech savvy forum browsing types) would be using like 2-3gb a day. That's mobile data. And those who do get wired, would be using between 200 and 500gb a month, average 300gb. So getting ISPs to increase their caps will be next to impossible especially when they can just charge the niche heavy users more for more data.

I use around 4-5GB a day. Just got a new Airtel connection and had been using 4G data for a while. Most of the data is from YT and some other streaming sites. Then some occasional downloads. Don't feel like watching something like Prime or Netflix.

I think another interesting question is how much of the data people transfer nowadays is peered. Wonder if torrenting and other video sites are quite reduced nowadays with the streaming services. Most big consumers would be on a google service or some other peered one like Amazon's. The rest doesn't count as much

I use around 4-5GB a day. Just got a new Airtel connection and had been using 4G data for a while. Most of the data is from YT and some other streaming sites. Then some occasional downloads. Don't feel like watching something like Prime or Netflix.

I think another interesting question is how much of the data people transfer nowadays is peered. Wonder if torrenting and other video sites are quite reduced nowadays with the streaming services. Most big consumers would be on a google service or some other peered one like Amazon's. The rest doesn't count as much

I don't know the logistics of peering but with my ISP, I have 25Mbps connection but on YouTube nerd stats, I have seen 46 Mbps speed (not sure if it is detecting it as connection speed or actual consumed bandwidth). I have had cases where sometimes internet won't work but still youtube, Netflix, hotstar would work.

IMG_20201004_152139.jpg

Mine is too less even with unlimited bandwidth.
Less than 3GB/day.
Post automatically merged:

^Just checking if we are living in a practical place where we know our wants or Living in a fake Modi-fied world.

On topic, inspiration was GeekyRanjit..

View attachment 91302

Most people don't data horde movies and tv series like the ones in the 500GB+ per month bracket. HDD's are too costly for everyone and many ISP's block P2P websites. Plus internet is still costly in small tier 2/3/4 cities with just BSNL and local players.

Last edited:
Most people don't data horde movies and tv series like the ones in the 500GB+ per month bracket. HDD's are too costly for everyone and many ISP's block P2P websites. Plus internet is still costly in small tier 2/3/4 cities with just BSNL and local players.

Also hoarding was pretty common probably 10 years back when speeds were less but now even if I want to download something over P2P, with good amount of peers, I can download in very short time. At least this is true for me.
Also there are now numerous apps that provide convenient way to access any and every movie and tv show.

overall 300 GB per month, earlier it was more than 1 TB per month , now on data reduction mode as this will decrease overall time on different gadgets

My usage is within 500 gigs PM if averaged out for one year but I do cross that easily on some months. With local ISPs I didn't bother about data usage but since moving to Hathway I am not constantly keeping an eye on the usage. I have only watched like 3-4 movies this month and like half of a tv series and still I am averaging at 15 gb per day easily. And I usually upload stuffs to Drive frequently but haven't done that so far. Nutshell: 500 doesn't cut it, will consider upgrading to 1000 gb plan from next cycle, unless I move to the new BSNL plans or something entirely.

Attachments

• Usage.png
    Usage.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 133
Using anywhere from 8 GB to 15 GB per day recently. Total 250 - 350 GB per Month since lock down. However, cut off the DTH last month and moved to streaming fully. So usage expected to go up. I'm on Tikona.

on lock down i used aprox 2000 to 4000+gb per month, it was shine broadband in kerala, was good service, i feel its only in thiruvananthapuram and kollam dist of kerala, after 3 months of high usage they immediately refused for renewal next month. they never mentioned its because of high data usage since their plans were unlimited plans mine was 60 mbps unlimited. and rs.980 aprox per month. they said the plan is terminated hence no renewal. but i called the as new customer for new connection hiding my identity. but the person said no plans were ever stopped and all are on. i asked openly why its then told me a lie that the particular plan was terminated. after repeated calls they admitted that its because high usage. in my experience its the reality of unlimited plans at least for some ISPs. currently on Kerala Vision with 1000 gb + aprox

Back