Audio What speakers do you guys use?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Just wondering what speakers you guys (and gals) use for your PC or TV or Home theatre whatever. Do give your long term review summary (if they are old) and don't forget the prices too.
I'm not looking for any speaker in particular.

Altec Lansing MX 5021 from 2007 (Shoutout to TE mod Masky help me procure it). Still running strong, I use them primarily to listen to Lo-Fi, Chillwave, and 80's synth-wave genres of music and they have kept up pretty well with barely any wear and tear. At 7k, the speakers have paid me back a couple of times over. I'll continue to use them till they last.

Used to use a pair of Edifier until a few weeks ago. Its an ancient system that i picked up almost a decade ago and worked fine. Lately though, there is a bit of weird wrabble coming from it so I have picked up a cheapo iBall Raaga 2.1 until i can get my Edifier repaired of replaced. With the lockdown in place, things are a bit tough to get done.

Altec Lansing MX 5021 from 2007 (Shoutout to TE mod Masky help me procure it). Still running strong, I use them primarily to listen to Lo-Fi, Chillwave, and 80's synth-wave genres of music and they have kept up pretty well with barely any wear and tear. At 7k, the speakers have paid me back a couple of times over. I'll continue to use them till they last.
Off topic- could you dm me your chill wave and synth wave playlists if possible? Thanks

I have my PC and NUC hooked up to my TV and HT. Movies and Gaming experience is great. I have a mixed 5.1.4 setup with speakers comprising of Definitive Technology, Polk, SVS and JBL all hooked up to a Pioneer AVR.

Using Logitech z623 since 6 years. Bought for around 5k at the time. Currently retails for around 10k.
The subwoofer went dead this year. Spent 2k to get this fixed from local electrician.

Sound quality is good enough and loud. Bass is really good. I use Equilizer APO to make them sound more natural and vocals centric.

Presonus Eris E4.5 for about 6 years or so. Great desktop speakers. Had audioengines before this and these have lasted a lot longer

Small speakers so dont do deep bass. Not an issue in desktop use but would be a problem for general use.

I remember those MX5021 days. It had a cult like following. Good going. FiiO K5 Pro > Kali Audio LP6.

Last edited:
I use Panasonic HT30 which I bought for 4k around 5 years ago. They are quite powerful though they suffer with the same problem with anything else in this budget - muddy bass which makes understanding movie dialogues a pain.
I used them for both TV and Gaming. Not gonna upgrade until they give up.

On the other hand, brother uses a Polk Audio Command sound bar which costs a lot by my standards but I can definitely make out why it goes for that price. High end audio is a worthwhile investment.

I'm using a very old Edifier 1250 mini speakers which I bought for 450rs. I actually bought two, one after the other. I gave the first one to my uncle and I really liked the speakers so bought another one for myself. If possible I'm just looking to add a sub-woofer to it.
I remember those MX5021 days. It had a cult like following. Good going.
Indeed, extremely popular model.
Same for Logitech Z623.

I'm ashamed to post mine..
Presently laptop speakers..
You could always trade in some of your nice headphones for a pair for decent speakers :p

Anyways, currently using a pair of Edifier S2000MKIII's i recently bought. Upgrading from my old Z623's which my dad has taken a shine to as his movie speakers

Have Sony HTIV300, have been using it for 2+ years. Supports major audio formats (except 7.1 True-HD Atmos and Dts X). Connected it via HDMI-ARC with my 4k TV. Bought it for around 19k from Reliance digital during Republic day sale. No plan to change/upgrade it for another 2 years.

Note: The wire connector behind the receiver is unique. So upgrading wire's gauge will require some planning as that connector is unavailable outside.

Back