What watch are you wearing today???

.this one though is probably Franken or 1st copy from Dubai of SKX007
Thank goodness.. I almost had an attack thinking why did I spend 20x to get a skx009.

I don't live in a tier 1/2 city either but we don't get authentic second hand watches here in my city.

Thank goodness.. I almost had an attack thinking why did I spend 20x to get a skx009.

I don't live in a tier 1/2 city either but we don't get authentic second hand watches here in my city.

Some NOS HMTs and Ricoh
20210629_172648.jpg

My WOTD, this time its a Russian tank, the tankiest watch I have ever owned besides the Vostok Amphibia (now sold)

Vostok Kommanderskie or Восток (East) Командирские (Commander) with a unique screw-down crown.

Восток was the name of the earliest human-rated rockets sent to space. These are still made at the Chistopol factory, Tatarstan, Russia, and issue to various defense forces and public.

There are tons and tons of dials that came out of the factory and have a separate fanbase who made their own dials too!

Below example, I picked from eBay about 6 years ago for $24 before shipping. It has been my daily beater watch and taken a ton of abuse. These watches are tested under extreme conditions like letting a 2-ton car drive over them.

Dial commemorates 'Russian Swifts', an acrobatic team consisting of MIG29/UB who performed at Bangalore Aero Show 2012.
IMG_1574 (1).jpg

Russian watches have interesting case-backs. Below one is Russia's coat of arms, used since post-soviet times (1991)

IMG_1575.jpg

I'm a total noon so have to Google whatever you guys say in this regard. Budget would be 50K to 1lakh. No leather strap please and not something that's "Blingy!". Sober yet exquisite, that's the theme I'm going for.

but to buy a good watch in india is such a pain hell lot of taxes ,and if you are going to buy a watch at this range go for automatic and not quartz
thanks to your post , i ended up at

they have bloody ripped ech and every top watches

Look at the tourbillions :hearteyes:

Last edited:
Monday blues with WOTD, Hedge & Golay Shreeshyla, 17J hand-wound mechanical watch.

This company was based out of Bangalore. They made a great effort to make watches indigenously by sending its employees to Switzerland for knowledge transfer and importing state-of-art machinery. However, let down by the license raj system (partly) that led to its demise around 1978. There were other issues too, you can read them here and here.

Note: It is not 1:50 PM yet. I adjusted the time for aesthetics purposes.

1728D79C-1DFB-4BBB-A41E-9C44A8981BFC.jpeg

2776457F-64BF-491C-A452-CD597743C94B.jpeg

Back