Whatsapp: Getting Random Messages/Video calls from International nos.

Yes. This is probably correct. TC already could identity the whatsapp message senders from the notification panel sometime ago. No idea, if this feature is still present.

Anyway, as per the news, the feature is coming by this month end. We'll see.
It's exactly this feature that'll be required to identify spam calls/messages on other applications including Whatsapp but not limited to it.
I believe she is saying that you will need to have Truecaller application installed and probably permit it to access Whatsapp call information (?) in order for this to work.

PS : Since I use Whatsapp purely for messaging, I disabled its phone permission. Not sure if that will stop those pesky calls though.
Notification access permissions will be required. This means TC can read all notifications you get including personal information such as contact names and text messages. It'll also have the permission to dismiss those notifications or take actions on behalf of the user such as answering/declining calls using the buttons that appear on the notification.

It's exactly this feature that'll be required to identify spam calls/messages on other applications including Whatsapp but not limited to it.

Notification access permissions will be required. This means TC can read all notifications you get including personal information such as contact names and text messages. It'll also have the permission to dismiss those notifications or take actions on behalf of the user such as answering/declining calls using the buttons that appear on the notification.
Yes. At least it has been clarified that you need to have TC installed. My original concern was that the functionality was getting integrated within Whatsapp.

And from now on this is how I'm responding Politely to these spammers...

1684058134309.png

Be smart, reply to them make them think you're gullible. Earn a couple thousands and when the stage comes for "prepaid tasks" of high stakes then block and ghost them.

Hey Agnes,
Welcome to the forum!

Seem truly unreal to me as well like others that someone from the brand has joined us here.

I feel glad I opened this thread to discuss on this nasty issue and you happen to look into and take cognizance of this frustrating issue.

Just to clarify do we actually need to have Truecaller application installed on our phones or the updated Whatsapp will be having some inbuilt feature?
I'm glad to be here!
And yes, you do need Truecaller installed in order for it to work. Right now (or when it launches, still in beta) the feature will identify messages from unknown numbers on all kinds of messaging apps, for calls only from WhatsApp right now.

Be smart, reply to them make them think you're gullible. Earn a couple thousands and when the stage comes for "prepaid tasks" of high stakes then block and ghost them.
For the review thing where they pay you 100-150 bucks I now have started to post negative reviews for those hotels etc. posting all these spammers numbers and that all such reviews fake, paid & scam ones.
Really? It is new information for me.
See today's example..

1684154516245.png

Whenever any unknown person messages me on whatsapp TC pops ups with the senders details.

Last edited:
For the review thing where they pay you 100-150 bucks I now have started to post negative reviews for those hotels etc. posting all these spammers numbers and that all such reviews fake, paid & scam ones.

See today's example..

View attachment 168321

Whenever any unknown person messages me on whatsapp TC pops ups with the senders details.
In my opinion it is a good feature but at the cost of......

Yes. This is probably correct. TC already could identity the whatsapp message senders from the notification panel sometime ago. No idea, if this feature is still present.

Anyway, as per the news, the feature is coming by this month end. We'll see.
Hello hey, yes we've been able to identify messages from other apps like Viber, and WhatsApp for a long time but for calling it's new. And the end of the month is almost here!

Getting involved in one scam attempt.
Done first 3 tasks, will update if I get a payment from them.
Actually I did one just for timepass few months ago and when they ran away I flooded the mentioned restaurant with negative reviews mentioning that all such reviews are fake, paid & scam! And that spammers lured people to post reviews in return for money, also mentioned all whatsapp scam nos.

Actually I did one just for timepass few months ago and when they ran away I flooded the mentioned restaurant with negative reviews mentioning that all such reviews are fake, paid & scam! And that spammers lured people to post reviews in return for money, also mentioned all whatsapp scam nos.
The person/business is not involved in the scam.
They are not paying the scammers to promote their business. Similarly the YouTube/Instagram account holders are also not involved.
These scammers just send you random accounts to like/promote. They let you believe their made up story this way.

You basically ruined reviews for the person/business who did nothing wrong to you.

I on the other hand just unliked (not dislike) the videos they sent me.

Update: sent my payment info on telegram. Awaiting funds and they said when I get them I'll be given more tasks. So I did not yet reach the "high stakes"/"prepaid tasks" stage.

The person/business is not involved in the scam.
They are not paying the scammers to promote their business. Similarly the YouTube/Instagram account holders are also not involved.
These scammers just send you random accounts to like/promote. They let you believe their made up story this way.

You basically ruined reviews for the person/business who did nothing wrong to you.

I on the other hand just unliked (not dislike) the videos they sent me.

Update: sent my payment info on telegram. Awaiting funds and they said when I get them I'll be given more tasks. So I did not yet reach the "high stakes"/"prepaid tasks" stage.
You didnt get it. Why will I go ahead and spoil someones biz?
I analyzed the pattern and just in span of 3 weeks, 4-5 nos. sent me the exact same restaurants location asking to post positive reviews in return of Rs. 150 to 350 bucks.
And you wont believe, when I went through those restaurants reviews, more than 150+ 5 star positive reviews with 40%+ same randomly copy pasted reviews.

Now say? Isn't the restaurant owners themselves involved in this scam hiring someone to get positive reviews and 5 stars?

Then why shouldn't I unearth and reveal the scam behind it and let the other masses know about it?

Now say? Isn't the restaurant owners themselves involved in this scam hiring someone to get positive reviews and 5 stars?

Then why shouldn't I unearth and reveal the scam behind it and let the other masses know about it?
I highly doubt it bro. There's a very slim chance since all of this operation is working on a dataset of people and some limited number of businesses/influencers.
All the replies on whatsapp and telegram are templates and come almost immediately which means it's either a person using templates or a bot.

Even if the businesses are involved in a paid promotion they are not liable for the scam operation behind it.

It's not a crime to get your business promoted by paying.

Back