Whatsapp is now Officially Facebook Property

Onemufc

Skilled
Eight months after announcing its intent to acquire messaging giant WhatsApp, the deal has finally gone through. Facebook announced the closing of the deal with the SEC in the United States, and with the European Commission in Europe. Since the deal was announced for $19 billion, its price tag has actually increased to a whopping $21.8 billion. This is in part due to Facebook's rising stock price over the last several months, Recode points out.

Source :- http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/6/6918297/facebook-now-officially-owns-whatsapp-22-billion

Be prepared to pay 1$ a year from now on.

If whatsapp has to survive the way it was with its original owners then fb shouldn't charge any fee. Else fb itself will be @ loss acquiring whatsapp.

yes so i wonder how many people are going to have problems with that.

Needs a credit card.

What other ways to pay are there ?

What about a special facebook+whatsapp+instagram + (whatever other facebook properties) exclusive unlimited data plan ?

What about a special facebook+whatsapp+instagram + (whatever other facebook properties) exclusive unlimited data plan ?

Could work for those who don't want a regular data plan. I don't install/use Facebook on my phone so don't care much for it (data plan). Instagram seems to really suck data though.

Back