When will we get Vodafone 3G?

Re: Vodafone 3G!

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Vodafone says..

Samsung S8530 (aka wave II) not a 3G ready device to handle the speeds they allot,

hence 3G cannot be activated !

WTF ??
LOL ! Was that an automated sms from Vodafone when you tried to activate 3G service ?

vinodh89 said:
LOL ! Was that an automated sms from Vodafone when you tried to activate 3G service ?
Yes its an automated message. I don't understand why they have to worry whether the device that I am using is 3G capable or not. I faced the same issue with my phone and had to put the sim in my friends phone just to activate 3G!

What mobile do you have? If you have android all you need is 3G watchdog, it keeps a track of your usage, quota and all.

If not, i guess you have to call vodafone care.

What I don't understand is why the partiality towards prepaid users. Postpaid plans are WTF types. 500 Rs for 500 MB.

Poga said:
What I don't understand is why the partiality towards prepaid users. Postpaid plans are WTF types. 500 Rs for 500 MB.
see, the usage trial is free for now. and that should be for both. most of the times. Ofcourse, the prepaid user most of the times get away with a hack or something. As long as balance is not deducted you are fine and can keep on experimenting. Not so for postpaid users.

if you are in kolkata, then try sending SURF VMC to 144. It works for me :)

They will show, 0 VL usage. 0 VMC usage, and the combined usuage is the actual usage

bitsandpieces said:
if you are in kolkata, then try sending SURF VMC to 144. It works for me :)

They will show, 0 VL usage. 0 VMC usage, and the combined usuage is the actual usage
Thanks!

Its working but I could not understand the usage.

I got the SMS 'Hi!Your vodafone live usage is 0 MB.Your vodafone mobile connect usage is 0 MB.Your dual usage is .9228515625 MB'.

What is the meaning of this ?

Revolution said:
Thanks!

Its working but I could not understand the usage.

I got the SMS 'Hi!Your vodafone live usage is 0 MB.Your vodafone mobile connect usage is 0 MB.Your dual usage is .9228515625 MB'.

What is the meaning of this ?
well, the actual usage is 0.9228515625 MB. (Atleast that is what is for me. There are no mistakes in the decimal places unlike the balance info where, whenever i recharge the decimal place is one places off. so if i recharge with 100, it shows me, balance is 1000.00 )

Back