When will we get Vodafone 3G?

Re: Vodafone 3G!

^ Read on twitter that its upto April 10th. Not sure though, but you will definitely get notified once the trial is over as the SMS they sent clearly said at present 3G can be used at 2G rates. :p

i am having trouble with the mobile network :(. 3g is working fine here in kolkata, but when I am going to areas where there is no 3g coverage, atleast it should log on to 2g network. But it is not able to connect to the network.

forcing 2g network using manual shows vodaphone as available option, but it is not allowing me to connect saying forbidden network :( even in areas with 3g, if i try to connect with only 2g mode, it is saying forbidden network. dont know what is wrong with there configuration.

interesting thing is, i called up vodaphone for same, they told me 3g will be activated by mid april, so I should be able to use 3g then. :p Tried to explain it to another supervisior, who told me 3g is not active, so you cant connect to 3g.

After the chat, I couldnt be sure on whether my english is so poor that they cant understand or comprehension too low :p

^^ Did you select "3G Only" or "2G Only" under "Network Mode"?? If yes then select it to "Dual Mode". In that case it'll connect to 3G where available otherwise it'll be shifted to 2G on unavailable of 3G network.

It's working fine for me on all the areas. Where 3G is unavailable it shifts to 2G automatically.

But a word of caution this network shifting now and then causing my battery to be driven more then it used to before I activated 3G :p

How do I deactivate 3g? I'm getting very very poor signal where I live... mostly 1 bar, sometimes nothing at all. My calls are getting affected. I'm getting slow speeds with this crappy signal anyway so I might as well deactivate and go back to 2G.

^^Well, you can choose 2G Only mode under Network Mode, or can try sending CAN 3G to 144(Prepaid) / 111(Postpaid). Not sure if this SMS will work. Just using Vodafone sms pattern sense for activating and deactivating services :p

^You mean GSM. That's what I said in my first point.

@Pat For Vodafone it's ACT <ServiceName> and CAN <ServiceName>

krishnandu said:
^^ Did you select "3G Only" or "2G Only" under "Network Mode"?? If yes then select it to "Dual Mode". In that case it'll connect to 3G where available otherwise it'll be shifted to 2G on unavailable of 3G network.

It's working fine for me on all the areas. Where 3G is unavailable it shifts to 2G automatically.

But a word of caution this network shifting now and then causing my battery to be driven more then it used to before I activated 3G :p
I was in dual gsm/wcdma mode only, but still there was trouble in the morning in getting network around airport area. in office(salt lake) the switching is happening fine. and i can force the 2g/3g thing.

need to check when i am back at home.

btw, i guess 3g signals for vodaphone in most places is pretty weak. I noticed that when I am using 2g in office lift, the call never drops, but in 3g, moving out of desk to lobby n lift defintely is causing call drops

bitsandpieces said:
I was in dual gsm/wcdma mode only, but still there was trouble in the morning in getting network around airport area. in office(salt lake) the switching is happening fine. and i can force the 2g/3g thing.

need to check when i am back at home.

btw, i guess 3g signals for vodaphone in most places is pretty weak. I noticed that when I am using 2g in office lift, the call never drops, but in 3g, moving out of desk to lobby n lift defintely is causing call drops
Yup, you are right, I also experienced call drop sometimes, where there is no 3G and by default it's using 2G signals.

The signal is quite good in most places. However when I'm moving in a vehicle in any area the 3G goes and EDGE comes. Even in lifts and trains it's the same thing. However everywhere else I've visited I've got the signal. It's great but it drains the battery :(

I shifted to UTMS mode now, not Dual.

Whole day in delhi I was getting signal H/3g which kept on fluctuating speed,

I did few speed test on various locations & fastest I found was near siri fort,

1842 download / 1185 upload.

3g icon comes for few sec then disappeared to HSUPA

My last 10 speed test result's from Pune

20110309000026.png

Pune is getting some good speeds compared to delhi, what server were you pinging?

What are those apps running on top left?

Slightly off topic

How do u take screenshots with speedtest?

even I wanted to post them from my samsung galaxy SL gt-9003 but native froyo 2.2.1 method does not work with speedtest app.

The method is to press+hold the back key then press the home key, this method works in many other apps but not in speedtest.

Back