When will we get Vodafone 3G?

Re: Vodafone 3G!

^ It's fine for me in Chennai. I am on 4GB 2G data plan which Vodafone offered for not switching to another operator :p But looks like the speed is limited to 3.6Mbps, doesn't really matter though.

I got 3g signals here in Bandra(Mumbai)...browsed on my normal 2g gprs plan...got aroung 1.5mbps on speedtest

Any updates on when Vodafone is launching the 3G service in Bangalore? I know that they didn't get a license but from what i read on their site, they will be buying bandwidth from other providers and selling it...

Pathetic network .. continuesly droping.. anybody else facing ths prob? Or I have to check the radio of the mob

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Ok i sent the message and 3G got activated, btw it will only work if you switch off the phone and start back. The only concern is that the 3G signal doesn't always persist:(

Send it again today.
I too sent yesterday , they said they ll reply soon. No reply . So I sent it again on 144 today .
Got activated within 5 mins .

Frankly I m not too impressed by the 3g speed :\
Fingers crossed it will improve .

For Delhi/NCR vodafone users, the network is up and working is certain areas only, primarily where cellphone subscribers are more. Example 3G network is up in Sector-18, Noida. But nowhere else in Noida. Same is the case with Delhi as well, market areas in Central/south Delhi, Gurgaon. Even in North Campus the 3G network is up and blazing fast(tested on iphone 4).
I guess it will take atleast 3-6 months for 100% 3G coverage in Delhi/NCR circle.

btw MTNL 3G is rocking, as long as its free for me, I am not complaining..:p

varkey said:
Oh. But wherever I try it doesn't go above that. Btw what about upload speeds? I think the phone is limited to 384k, doesn't support HSUPA I guess.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk
yeah upload speed is limited.

ok this is for kolkata....
3g signal in many central areas of kolkata circle BUT CANNOT LOG IN
just called up voda cc
told to wait till after 3rd week of march
says 200 percent sure ;)

dasgupta_arup said:
ok this is for kolkata....

3g signal in many central areas of kolkata circle BUT CANNOT LOG IN

just called up voda cc

told to wait till after 3rd week of march

says 200 percent sure ;)

well, i sent activated 3g by sending act 3g to 144 and is working great in salt lake and teghoria. But airport and around, there is no connection :( and am having trouble with 2g to 3g switching.

BTW how you guys are using Vodafone 3G?? I mean say I've activated 3G, now?? What are the plans?? What are the costs(call rates / sms)??

krishnandu said:
BTW how you guys are using Vodafone 3G?? I mean say I've activated 3G, now?? What are the plans?? What are the costs(call rates / sms)??
for the call/sms rates are same. data i have the 98 bucks plans which is working fine :p no deduction in main balance :)

mohit1981 said:
How is it free for you?
Sorry for not providing the details, I have UP(W) BSNL sim with Blackberry unlimited plan, I have MTNL network here in Noida and ofcourse in Delhi, I switched to 3G network in my phone and I get 3G speeds. So that ways its free for me, ofcourse I am paying 399 PM for U/L 2G while U/L 3G is 898.

Vodafone 3G was working fine till yesterday night, but now it connects to the 3G network and even establishes the Data Connection but I am unable to make voice calls as well as use the internet.

Called up Vodafone CC and they keep saying my handset (ZTE Blade) is not 3G compatible!

Edit : Seems like a common issue in my area, as my friend is also facing the same issue.

varkey said:
Vodafone 3G was working fine till yesterday night, but now it connects to the 3G network and even establishes the Data Connection but I am unable to make voice calls as well as use the internet.

Called up Vodafone CC and they keep saying my handset (ZTE Blade) is not 3G compatible!

Edit : Seems like a common issue in my area, as my friend is also facing the same issue.
calling voda care no sense they dont know anything so best they look for excuse when they dont know reason of issue

bitsandpieces said:
for the call/sms rates are same. data i have the 98 bucks plans which is working fine :p no deduction in main balance :)
Wow..!! So GPRS plans are working in 3G also. Let's activate it then, though I won't get above 384kbps, as I'm using 2730c, well hope to get good speeds after getting O1 :clap:

Is this only for postpaid or for pre paid too?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Got it working :D

Anyone know how I can test the speed on my Nokia 5800?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And what are the video call rates? :D

Back