When will we get Vodafone 3G?

Re: Vodafone 3G!

Anybody in mumbai got this ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok this is off thier facebook page

"Vodafone is offering a trial offer where users can experience 3G on thier current 2G data plans at no extra cost. Just send ACT 3G to 111"

Sent the SMS, 111 didn't worked for me, 144 says, something like my connection will be activated within 24hours, and I can enjoy 3g in 2g rates, Video calling will be Rs 3/hr.

I guess 144 (Prepaid) and 111(Postpaid) as it's in general case.

Well, the SMS says, it's activated but not getting any 3G Signals.

swordfish said:
switch off and on after 1 hour.. should be activated

Settings please, what settings should I use??

VL or VMC???

Wow..!! It's up :)

swordfish said:
vmc.. www as accesspoint
Yup, selected that, working great. Well, will try 3G with O1, after buying it, My Nokia 2730c is limited to UTMS, so it's only upto 384kbps. BTW how's the speed??

In 3G what are these UTMS, HSUPA, HSDPA?? The only thing I know is they are protocols of 3G, and each have different speeds, so which is the best??

wr8_utd said:
Save the settings they send you.
Ya did that :)

Here's my Speedtest result for Vodafone 3G..

Though my Nokia 2730c has limitations of 384kbps :( So don't take this speedtest as general case.

BTW is it free?? They are not deducting any charges, nor I've the 98/- for 2GB plan activated.

krishnandu said:
In 3G what are these UTMS, HSUPA, HSDPA?? The only thing I know is they are protocols of 3G, and each have different speeds, so which is the best??

Ya did that :)

Here's my Speedtest result for Vodafone 3G..

Though my Nokia 2730c has limitations of 384kbps :( So don't take this speedtest as general case.

BTW is it free?? They are not deducting any charges, nor I've the 98/- for 2GB plan activated.

How did you do the speedtest on your phone?

@swordfish thanks, I tried sending that sms but no go. I guess I'd rather wait for this to be pushed out to everybody. March 3rd week it is then :)

techno_funky said:
@swordfish thanks, I tried sending that sms but no go. I guess I'd rather wait for this to be pushed out to everybody. March 3rd week it is then :)
But now you can enjoy 3G speeds at 2G rates, which won't be the case later. :p

Back