When will we get Vodafone 3G?

ranjan2001 said:
Pune is getting some good speeds compared to delhi, what server were you pinging?

What are those apps running on top left?

Slightly off topic

How do u take screenshots with speedtest?

even I wanted to post them from my samsung galaxy SL gt-9003 but native froyo 2.2.1 method does not work with speedtest app.

The method is to press+hold the back key then press the home key, this method works in many other apps but not in speedtest.
I'm pinging New Delhi,

Apps running in top left are (left to right) : Lookout,SetVsel,Task-killer, Screenshot It and App lock

With the Screenshot It App u can take any pic but it requires Root Access

Sent frm my Rooted MOTOROLA DEFY

Re: Vodafone 3G!

ranjan2001 said:
How do u take screenshots with speedtest?
Yup, you are right, speedtest doesn't have any option for taking screenshot, you can turn on shootme, and then go to the results page and then just shake your phone, screenshot will be captured.

Most screenshot app needs rooting, but if you are an Optimus One owner, then you are lucky :p Can't tell about other apps but shootme works fine without rooting in Optimus One

I tried shootme & another screenshot apps but its also asking for access to root privilege which I don't have as yet.

does rooting the device voids the warranty?

ranjan2001 said:
I tried shootme & another screenshot apps but its also asking for access to root privilege which I don't have as yet.

does rooting the device voids the warranty?
LG Optimus One??

Yes, rooting voids warranty, but don't worry for that now, you can restore everything back later, if you need it.

Or of otherwise if you care too much about warranty then don't root it.

no problem just root it.. you can get everything original back.. m running android on windows mob :D

I get 3g signals some places in navi mumbai.. speed test give around 1500 kbps download and 800 around upload..

Need suggestions on best plan for heavy usage in Delhi.

Need it urgently coz after a disastrous with Airtel 3G and customer care my mobile internet is dead :mad:

heavy usage in Delhi

The 3g signal is not yet fully available on all towers & it keeps on fluctuating a lot so I suggest that you buy any plan which is cheapest then recharge with mobile internet of 2g for 95/- & will get 3g speeds free till next month.

Nariman Point, on mobile hotspot from my Desire Z to my laptop.

1195555284.png

Yay 3g and Android is the best combination. Activated vodafone 3g and downloaded a 500mb torrent in a matter of minutes on my Desire HD

^ That is the price for unlimited internet on 2G prior to 3G launch, but the USB stick is 3G compatible.

Anyway for people on that plan as of now can enjoy unlimited access at 3G speeds as its the testing phase. :p

Getting around 1.5 Mbps constantly. 2GB for 98 bux is amazing. But this trial period is valid only till April 10. After which you'll have the 3G plans separated from the 2G ones

^^Im using the same data plan 2GB @ 98/- in a 2G simcard, so it means i can use the same data plan in 3G speed if i act 3G service with my existing sim right?

Icon_211 said:
^^Im using the same data plan 2GB @ 98/- in a 2G simcard, so it means i can use the same data plan in 3G speed if i act 3G service with my existing sim right?

Yes..!! But for now only till the trial remains

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Vodafone says..

Samsung S8530 (aka wave II) not a 3G ready device to handle the speeds they allot,

hence 3G cannot be activated !

WTF ??
:lol: How much speed they are offering :p

Anyways, contact CC.

Though I'm sure that won't help, as CC guys doesn't even know 3G is Live, they would probably say "Sir, 3G is not there, but it'll be there in few months and we'll notify you once it's up". :p

But still just check your luck mate. Or better use Vodafone Facebook Page...much better than CC.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Do one more thing, call 116

Back