Where can i buy RW-DVDR from at cheapest price..

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
I was thinking of burning flac files and using them via a friend's bluray player to see if this works out for me... If not I would still like to buy a few of these for purpose of backup..
Where can I purchase RW dvdr from, at cheapest price
My location is Delhi
Thanks

Try your local stationery shop. If you don't need too many, then it may work out cheaper.
You may want to first check if your player supports FLAC playback

@JMak : Were you finally able to source a working CD/ DVD Player?
Yes had arranged a lg dvd player, it ain't what I needed but it's doing alright
Still on the look out for a micro hifi or a bluray player...

Btw i was looking for RW dvdr but your link is simple dvdr

Why do you specifically want RW btw? It'd work out cheaper for you to just buy more R instead of going for RW, not to mention that they take a long time to erase, IIRC.

If you want any sort of longetivity for either backup or music playback, avoid the cheap stuff and go for brands that have a reputable OEM. Like I think Verbatim discs are mostly Taiyo Yuden, from what I remember of my research when I was last using DVD Rs. It's been a few years though, I don't know how their quality is now.

Why do you specifically want RW btw? It'd work out cheaper for you to just buy more R instead of going for RW, not to mention that they take a long time to erase, IIRC.

If you want any sort of longetivity for either backup or music playback, avoid the cheap stuff and go for brands that have a reputable OEM. Like I think Verbatim discs are mostly Taiyo Yuden, from what I remember of my research when I was last using DVD Rs. It's been a few years though, I don't know how their quality is now.
Just purchased 15 RW from olx at 300 rs in total, Moser Baer 2007 manufacturing, all unused
But had to spend 208 on borzo as the item was around 28 km from my place.
Would be delivered any minute now.

Wanted discs primarily for hard backup of some family pics.. And to try on the bluray player of a friend.. If rw discs with flac can work

Will update

No, it is/was one of the worst brands. If you want reliable media, you want verbatim or sony or pioneer, made by a few OEMs including Taiyo Yuden and some others I don't remember the names of at the moment. Even if you don't know the OEM, you're better off buying Verbatim or Sony if you want your discs to last beyond a month.

Source on this is hundreds of discs I burned for both mp3 playback and backup because I didn't have HDD space, but quite a while back.

I have a 12 year old Moser Baer CDRW still working well as a livecd. I forgot the the number of times I have written on it. I recall them being pretty reliable from that time back but have no idea how your old lot will turn out to be.

20231125_165115.jpg
Just received spanking new with cellophane on each
Seems the guy dropped one cd rw (never heard of cd rw though)

The quality looks good just like new really..
Writing a full blown mj flac set
My writer is slow though...
20231125_170559.jpg

Last edited:
I have a home theatre bought like 15 years ago (gifted actually).
Samsung/Lg if not wrong, does not fits in in living room cabinet (width is more) it supports usb, Bluetooth not sure.

I have few blank DvDs but nothing to write data on same.

Any suggestions of how/wherr to use same?
Or it just sits in closet (as a memory) not sure if that might be working been 5+years.

I have a home theatre bought like 15 years ago (gifted actually).
Samsung/Lg if not wrong, does not fits in in living room cabinet (width is more) it supports usb, Bluetooth not sure.

I have few blank DvDs but nothing to write data on same.

Any suggestions of how/wherr to use same?
Or it just sits in closet (as a memory) not sure if that might be working been 5+years.
Well first up, take that disc player out dust it, put some IPA on the buttons and push em like a maniac for 30 to 50 times to remove any accumulated carbon and fine dust..

(Also it will be having the USB port, bluetooth was never implemented in any of the dvd player I have come across till date, not even in any bluray player if memory serves right)

Then try and play any cd, audio, video, dvd, anything to see if that works..
Such things are not meant to be kept behind curtains bro, use em.. Dont do like I have done with all my muosc systems in past (not using them enough for years at a stretch and making the useless)

Look for a used dvd writer on olx or at your local computer guy, they are still around... Add to your pc and write whatever you want to backup or play on them blank blue plastic beauties

Alternatively ask for the dvd drive that one of your friends might have removed from his laptop to add a caddy... And push it in your backup laptop or the work one for the purpose..

If the dvd player is working use it twice a month or dispose it here or on olx while it's still working..

Back