Where is the money going?

Where did is the money going ?

Going into privatizing profits and making public shoulder the loses of those private parties.
A study about bad loan write offs in truthful manner will be a starter.

This.
The entire city of Bangalore has been dug up since 2 years to the point where most areas resemble a warzone thanks to the smart city project, thankfully some of the work is coming to an end.
I have seen the workers dig/fix/fill the same spots in some places at least a dozen times. I have lived in Pune and Mumbai and am well aware of corruption in both the BMC & PMC but Bangalore is in a league of its own.
The municipality (BBMP), water board (BWSSB), electricity distro (BESCOM) are the most incompetent and corrupt and have zero inter-departmental co-ordination, the only person who benefits is the guy renting out those JCB's, heck they should just go all out and rename the city JCBnagar.
This was the most recent example of how bad it really is.

I echo this sentiment. I mean - one could be forgiven to think that Bangalore has just been through WW2!

They have dug up just about every road in the name of this so called "smart" city. The irony is that except for a few main roads, is nothing "smart" from the way in which water and underground electricity lines are being laid for the inner roads. It is the same old story i.e. the BBMP and BWSSB are sub-contracting to their favourite crony contractors in different areas.

On the contrary, I was appalled at the quality of workers who laid the new water lines in my area(Indiranagar). There was absolutely no supervision of the work, such a thin PVC line was laid to my and several other houses. They did not even sleeve the seemingly fragile connection pipe with a thicker pipe (like they did in some areas). To top off the irritation, they were constantly trying to find ways to ask for "baksheesh" for doing the same job! The BWSSB let water flow in the lines for more than a week before giving the connections to individual houses (conserve water? - that's only meant for you) and the "connection" workers came around once again asking for money to "buy" material to give the connection. All this when the old water lines were working fine (if not better).

I would rate BESCOM to be better that the corrupt BBMP or the shoddy, pathetic BWSSB but they should ideally just merge these entities OR make them answerable to the BBMP. As usual, there is no marking or highlighting of where the work was done either by BWSSB or BESCOM. Maybe we should wait for GAIL to come and dig up the road and see what they discover.

I have developed a theory called perpetual development. India suffers from it. It means the development is never done, it's always in process. Politicians show you cool dream of development, which for example, includes building a bridge. That bridge creates more problems than it solves as there was no study was done beforehand. Now, to solve those new problems, new supplementary bridges/underground roads are built. The development never stops. These new developments/tunnels etc become obsolete even before they are completed.

We are a developing country today and after 20-40 years we would still be a developing country. There's immense money to be made by keeping it in perpetual development phase.

I live in PCMC area of the Pune. It has one of the richest municipality. A person borne and brought up here would never imagine living in Pune or Mumbai. We don't know traffic, we don't know water issues. We got 8/4 lanes roads everywhere. You would assume that development is done here but you would be dead wrong. Since two years, municipality has dug up each and every road (and I do mean each and every road) in its territory to replace all drainage, water lines. And it wasn't like these things needed changing or if they were old. Why then? because it could. There's a lot of money to burn.

A very astute observation and it is exactly what is going on in the country as a whole and especially in Bangalore city. I can name many such projects (Silkboard Flyover, Hebbal Flyover,, etc.) that were meant to ease congestion but have become a massive choke point due to insufficient number of lanes and poor traffic management leading up to these flyovers.

Add to that, unnecessary white topping work where it was absolutely NOT required(no accountability, no questions asked as to why this work was taken up or money was spent). Flyovers to tech parks (for e.g. Manyata tech park) have been in progress since more than two and a half years!!, construction material strewn all over the place, diversions etc. thus keeping the city in a perpetual state of misery throughout. Yes, this is the (perpetual) development that we asked for.

Rain water drainage, waste management, etc. is mostly unplanned and in shambles almost everywhere, big metros and rural areas alike.

Seems govts. have no plan at all.

Government spent Rs 110 crore to construct storm water drains in chennai as a part of smart city initiative.

Guess what happened?

Where did the money go? Down the drain.:(

After these scams and the haphazard ways construction carried out to achieve development and tags, I wonder if Smart City concept is an Anathema..
Reading that message "Work in progress for a better future pisses me off!!"

Last edited:
Add this to the list:
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao | 80% of funds spent on media campaigns

1639283663922.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the money going ? how about reading what the govt tells you. It's called a status paper

As to what this govt has been doing. Fixing the damage caused by the last one. If you recall they did not leave the economy in a very good state.

Sanjeev Sanyal has spoken about this already. Look up some of his videos. He was a principal adviser to this govt.

I remember one line of his. The Fiscal defict was hovering close to 8% when Modi entered office. You can't go from 8 to 5% which is what they had to do in the first term without causing pain.

Modi has been lucky. Oil prices crashed a few months after he entered office. We've had bumper harvests year on year since. This gave the headroom to fix things.

Last edited:
Where is the money going ? how about reading what the govt tells you. It's called a status paper

Sure, let's trust this administration. It's not like they blatantly lie.

I remember one line of his. The Fiscal defict was hovering close to 8% when Modi entered office.

Fiscal deficit was near 4.5%.

Show me where the lies are in that 142 page report.
One, I don't care to. Two, status paper is only a declaration of where the money is being spent. Effective spending of that expenditure requires audits and investigation which is not captured in status paper.

One, I don't care to.
What other source will you use ?

Two, status paper is only a declaration of where the money is being spent.

Topic of the thread of which i was the only one to provide the answer
Effective spending of that expenditure requires audits and investigation which is not captured in status paper.
This is an entirely different argument.
The word effective is not used by CAG, there are three items here compliance, financial & performance. Knock yourself out :)

Primer to who CAG is

Last edited:
CAG's have recently become a stooge to the govt. Complete erosion of credibility of the institution it once was. Same with EC.
A lot if data is still hidden from the public, for instance pmcares about how money is used, where it is used. Election bonds.
Govt docs are prepared to present a rosy picture. No institution is going to be self-critical or go against their masters.
Everything Looks good on paper, reality is mockery and systematic butchering of every institution.

Last edited:
CAG's have recently become a stooge to the govt. Complete erosion of credibility of the institution it once was. Same with EC.
A lot if data is still hidden from the public, for instance pmcares about how money is used, where it is used. Election bonds.
Govt docs are prepared to present a rosy picture. No institution is going to be self-critical or go against their masters.
Everything Looks good on paper, reality is mockery and systematic butchering of every institution.
Mate, don't even bother. If anyone still supports this administration after last 7 years then there's nothing you can say to reason with them. Block them and move on.

Work with what we got and avoid conspiracies. Your mindset is the govt is lying. Guilty until proven innocent ? that's not how it works in our system.

This is the mindset of people who are looking for an agenda.

Who are you going to trust then ? the opposition ? who lies outright all the time. hehe.

Why do so many people not get this.
Mate, don't even bother. If anyone still supports this administration after last 7 years then there's nothing you can say to reason with them. Block them and move on.
It's very simple. They're in charge, they make the laws, policy and history. If you want to speak credibly about what this govt is doing then you have to follow what they say.

Question all you want. But where is your basis ? you have none.

This was a zero content thread until i showed up. Usual case.

Nobody is willing to do any searching or reading. But comments mostly worthless are dime a dozen here.

I trust what the govt says until shown otherwise. Any govt of any country that qualifies as free and democratic.

The people that i completely ignore are the opposition. This is good time management because 8 out of 10 things they say are false.

I restrict my self to sources that are positive, informative and have a feel good factor. The last is optional the first two are not.

This way i can figure out the affairs of any country, identify the opposition so i can ignore them and follow the supporters whose critiques are the only ones i listen to.

World affairs 101 for dummies. It REALLY is that simple :)

Last edited:
Guilty until proven innocent ? that's not how it works in our system.
Yeah.. tell that to the Bhima Koregaon social workers who are still rotting in jail without a trial.
As well as the hundreds of UAPA cases that have been lodged.

Everyone is aware of your mental gymnastics in this forum by now. :p

I would just urge other members to not step on a landmine and say something personally derogatory which would get them banned.

Back