Where is the money going?

One more

Seems like Numbers shown elsewhere and at WhatsApp University are way inflated than reality.

Where is the money going ?
One eg., like this ?

Nearly 5,000 Indian millionaires, 2% of its high-net-worth individuals, moved abroad in 2020 - The great Indian outflow sets off another brain drain debate

China's is in the toilet not to speak about the Paks.
China's debt to GDP % is close to 50% while India's debt is at record high 74% GDP as of 2020. It was 50-55% in 2012 and 2014.
I'm certain you'll blame covid for this too so I'll point out that we crossed 70% debt:GDP in 2018.

Edit- India's GDP ratio increased to 90% during covid. Source
As for Pak, they're poor for sure, so is majority of India and yet we're paying way above 100 for petrol while they're paying less than 60 per litre. Not just fuel but also necessities such as LPG gas costs almost double as compared to 7 years ago even though the international price for natural gas has significantly gone down.

15 lakhs tax on car prices 17 lakh
20220110_174129.jpg

Guilty until proven innocent ? that's not how it works in our system.
Innocent until proven guilty is to protect the public from the government. You are applying it in reverse.

The reason for such principles is that individuals are extremely powerless in front in governments, hence governments must be held to much higher standards. In the other hand, governments are supposed to be questioned relentlessly as they hold power over the people. So guilty until proven innocent is only a slight inaccuracy in the ideal behaviour - the exact one is "question until proven innocent". Which is happening here. Governments have resources to prove themselves innocent, funded by our money, so it is not unreasonable at all.

This is the case whether you personally like the ideology of the government, or not.

Innocent until proven guilty is to protect the public from the government. You are applying it in reverse.The reason for such principles is that individuals are extremely powerless in front in governments, hence governments must be held to much higher standards. In the other hand, governments are supposed to be questioned relentlessly as they hold power over the people. So guilty until proven innocent is only a slight inaccuracy in the ideal behaviour - the exact one is "question until proven innocent". Which is happening here. Governments have resources to prove themselves innocent, funded by our money, so it is not unreasonable at all.
The same principle applies to govt. How else are you going to make the case then ?

You can challenge laws they pass in the courts and even sue them. But you need a basis and we can't apply another principle just because its govt.
This is the case whether you personally like the ideology of the government, or not.
Opposition can say whatever they want. And most times its just that.

Title of this thread is a leading question and assumes guilt at the outset.

They are accusing on the basis of what ? data is there, open to the public, open to parliament.

Use it and then this thread gets off the ground.

I live in PCMC area of the Pune. It has one of the richest municipality. A person borne and brought up here would never imagine living in Pune or Mumbai. We don't know traffic, we don't know water issues. We got 8/4 lanes roads everywhere. You would assume that development is done here but you would be dead wrong. Since two years, municipality has dug up each and every road (and I do mean each and every road) in its territory to replace all drainage, water lines. And it wasn't like these things needed changing or if they were old. Why then? because it could. There's a lot of money to burn.
I have a new theory which is called "too much revenue / debt"

When I last posted in this thread, our municipality had just replaced old lines and laid a new fine termac. Alas, when you have too much revenue you gotta spend it somewhere. So, within a few months our inner roads are stripped of their new tarmac and are being prepared for concrete.

I think most cities are generating too much tax revenue and are suffering from this problem. You got tax on tax and then you got cess on those taxes. Gotta spend it somewhere. I feel most corporators don't want to get elected for multiple terms. They are all content with making as much money they can from a single 5 year term alone.

I have a new theory which is called "too much revenue / debt"

When I last posted in this thread, our municipality had just replaced old lines and laid a new fine termac. Alas, when you have too much revenue you gotta spend it somewhere. So, within a few months our inner roads are stripped of their new tarmac and are being prepared for concrete.

I think most cities are generating too much tax revenue and are suffering from this problem. You got tax on tax and then you got cess on those taxes. Gotta spend it somewhere. I feel most corporators don't want to get elected for multiple terms. They are all content with making as much money they can from a single 5 year term alone.
I had a similar chat with a neighbor who's a retired Govt Employee. He said in TN, they have fixed amounts every municipality or panchayat has to mandatorily spend or be called upto explain why they did not spend it. So they use these 100days Job scheme and other venues to just show expense without anything fruitful coming out of it. The roads in my area were relaid just as Govt power was set to change and right before monsoon. They finished it couple of months before the monsoon and now after the monsoons are done, its as if the roads were never laid. Just spending for the sake of it.

Even local Councillor and ward member elections saw a lot of spending from the participants to get elected. That implies a level of fund flow that these people want to siphon off.

So if any report is critical of the govt, prevent it from publishing. If any outsider is critical of the govt policy, abhor it, tooth and nail.

Nevertheless, respect her for the entertainment she provides.

Last edited:
So if any report is critical of the govt, prevent it from publishing. If any outsider is critical of the govt policy, abhor it, tooth and nail.

Nevertheless, respect her for the entertainment she provides.
The scientific theory 'Liar liar, pants on fire' is nullified if one isn't wearing any pants.

IL&FS Resolution Criminal Investigation and Litigation report of 900pages got released just 2 days within NSE Himalayan Yogi scam, was in tune of over 1 Lakhs Crore, effected cost of every infrastructure project in the country and thus common man in every manner. In short, this bigger scam got covered up by NSE Himalayan Yogi scandal:

These are methods how citizens of India are taken for a ride.

Back