Where to buy a PC table?

Will do. Give me a day or two. I'll also share a cost breakdown for reference and highlight exactly where I've paid more (and you can pay less). Will also share tips for long term maintenance of wood. You want a top and 4 legs that will outlast several builds? This is exactly that.
for the legs the olov size adjustable from ikea is good. i am using that got 4 of them for 2.5k and the table top for another 550. for 3k a good table.Although i would suggest skipping the table top and getting the table top custom cut to size,material etc. Also can you pm me where you got the rubber wood people in my city qouted me 10-12k just for the wood.

for the legs the olov size adjustable from ikea is good. i am using that got 4 of them for 2.5k and the table top for another 550. for 3k a good table.Although i would suggest skipping the table top and getting the table top custom cut to size,material etc.

It appears Ikea Olov legs are out of stock on Amazon and Ikea India.

What does "size adjustable" legs mean?
Does it go from sitting to standing desk or is the adjustment smaller like 60cm (sitting low) to 90cm (sitting high)?

The Ikea 120cm lagkapten seems good enough for me. I'll definitely go check out prices in the local market once to compare though.

It appears Ikea Olov legs are out of stock on Amazon and Ikea India.

What does "size adjustable" legs mean?
Does it go from sitting to standing desk or is the adjustment smaller like 60cm (sitting low) to 90cm (sitting high)?

The Ikea 120cm lagkapten seems good enough for me. I'll definitely go check out prices in the local market once to compare though.
low to high basically size adjustible 50 i guess to 90 not like their table bar system which works on a press of a button or the manual lever version.

Will do. Give me a day or two. I'll also share a cost breakdown for reference and highlight exactly where I've paid more (and you can pay less). Will also share tips for long term maintenance of wood. You want a top and 4 legs that will outlast several builds? This is exactly that.
I'm also looking forward to this. Looks like I'll also be getting a table custom built after Navratri over.

The IKEA gaming desk is 9k. Really good quality and adjustability. Less than 5K if you go for a lagkapten top with adils legs in the desk confi

What I said is I never ever take chances with furniture and big appliances by shopping blindly online. And brands like pepperfry & others etc. already have their stores in big malls and they themselves have claimed their stuff wont last beyond 5yrs and anything beyond that is pure luck and care etc.
I have furniture at home as old as 30+ yrs yes and all custom made. My pc table bough in 2k6 still strong but then it was a typical table and now requirements changed and so will in future..
And again for afore mentioned stuff I wont make purchases online but physically walkin to stores.
Maybe you should have mentioned that in your post which I quoted. You didn't mention the word 'online' anywhere in that post.

pics please. i'm planning to get the table done this week. having a reference design would be very helpful.tia!

pics please. i'm planning to get the table done this week. having a reference design would be very helpful.tia!
Hi lads,

Sorry for the delay. Here are some hastily taken pictures:
Overall, I'm happy with the endeavour though it wasn't a seamless or easy process. Setting quality/attention-to-detail expectations with the carpenter was a task and a half. The table cost me roughly 18k all-in though you can probably get this done for 15k. This includes the cost of the rubber wood board (8' x 4') of which I have a very significant portion left over (and can use for shelves, small furniture etc.). I oiled the table myself over several days (several coats) using mineral oil. Oiling and manual buffing is back-breaking and you can have the carpenter do it if you wish to save time and effort. Select the stain/oil yourself rather than leaving it to the discretion of the carpenter.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Will try to be prompt with my answers.

Last edited:
I am hoping somehow the board was very expensive, because for a simple design like this, it shouldn't cost anywhere near 18k,neither 15k. Even the legs have been screwed instead of using joinery. How much labor did the carpenter charge and how long did it take him to get the job done.

I am hoping somehow the board was very expensive, because for a simple design like this, it shouldn't cost anywhere near 18k,neither 15k. Even the legs have been screwed instead of using joinery. How much labor did the carpenter charge and how long did it take him to get the job done.
The legs are from IKEA and are designed to be screwed in. The board cost me INR 200 per sq foot, but should be closer to INR 160 per sq foot. Carpenter charged me 4k; took him about 3 days of work. The bamboo legs cost me INR 1500 a pop. There are plenty of places you can compromise and save money; really depends on what you want/want to spend. If you want screw-less joinery, expect to pay more. Also, expect to have a harder time finding a carpenter capable of such work. It's sad to see woodworking skills regress over time because the average Indian consumer wants to nickel and dime artisans to death. Their skills (and the ones apprentices learn nowadays) are a reflection of what the market demands.

Also, the design of my table is 'simple', but I had the carpenter ensure each and every surface and corner (including the insides of the crescent-shaped incisions for the wires) was smooth. No compromises on the finish.

Dims: 52.5 x 24.5 x 30"

Last edited:
I got a good deal on Ikea:

Trotten Table Top - Rs 1.8k

Adil Legs - Rs 300 x 4

I guess there's a sale on certain table tops, so I was lucky to get a particleboard table top for the price of their cardboard ones.

Last edited:
The legs are from IKEA and are designed to be screwed in. The board cost me INR 200 per sq foot, but should be closer to INR 160 per sq foot. Carpenter charged me 4k; took him about 3 days of work. The bamboo legs cost me INR 1500 a pop. There are plenty of places you can compromise and save money; really depends on what you want/want to spend. If you want screw-less joinery, expect to pay more. Also, expect to have a harder time finding a carpenter capable of such work. It's sad to see woodworking skills regress over time because the average Indian consumer wants to nickel and dime artisans to death. Their skills (and the ones apprentices learn nowadays) are a reflection of what the market demands.

Also, the design of my table is 'simple', but I had the carpenter ensure each and every surface and corner (including the insides of the crescent-shaped incisions for the wires) was smooth. No compromises on the finish.

Dims: 52.5 x 24.5 x 30"
Actually, I love woodworking myself. Not very skilled at it, but lucky to find skilled people who charge anywhere from 700-1000 bucks a day, so 4k for his work is not too much. I am guessing the pre-made legs costing you 6k really took a healthy portion of the budget and they do look very nice, but my local guy would have made these a lot cheaper at his lathe. Yes, I noticed the rounding off the edges, but it is quite an easy task. I have two routers, one for the heavy stuff and a small Makita one that I solely bought for rounding off the edges whenever needed. I got my whole false ceiling made out of wood and everything was done with tools I owned, but by professionals. Like you, I did the finishing myself of all the doors, windows and the false ceiling as well. First a couple of coats of BLO followed by satin PU coat so that the finish can survive the harsh sun and rains we get. For the false ceiling, I bought Walnut stains from Rustoleum and finished with PU on top. Maybe it is difficult to find carpenters in your area, but we have no dearth of them as houses in Himachal still use a lot of wood, but the best workers we hired were from Punjab.
All the wooden panels for the false ceiling were attached to the frame using screws, but I made sure they were covered. For that we cut plugs from the same wood itself and then the screws were recessed into the panels and the holes filled with the plugs. I had to order some of these small tools like the plug-cutter from US as no place in India had them.

These half inch thick panels were cut from solid blocks of 5in x 10in x 10ft, using a table saw /wood planer I had bought so that I could get the work done according to my standards.

These are solid wooden door. Preferred using wood instead of board within the frame as well. Total labor cost for this door came to less than 1500 bucks.

Last edited:
This table cost a total of Rs 8000. Rs 6000 for material and Rs 2000 for labour. The best quality stuff has been used. There is a place for keeping your Tower and both Keyboard and Mouse can be placed on the slide out. Most online tables either force you to place the Tower on the Table top or keep the Mouse on the table top and Keyboard on the slideout, or don't have the slide out. That is very uncomfortable to use. Only change in this design that I would make is a deeper foot rest.
The shelves on the left hand side are for woofers, UPS and a future NAS unit. Dimensions are 4' long and 2' deep. If you want something really good, you will have to get it made.

That's actually a decent design and we can accommodate pc, ups and stabilizer or speaker as well...But you only have to be careful not to hit the tempered glass of cabinet...
Can you tell me which wood have you used? Is it plywood or something else? I am in a similar situation and have to get a table made.

I got a good deal on Ikea:

Trotten Table Top - Rs 1.8k

Adil Legs - Rs 300 x 4

I guess there's a sale on certain table tops, so I was lucky to get a particleboard table top for the price of their cardboard ones.

Have you bought the Trotten along with adils legs? Please share ur experience, Ikea people told me that with 4 adils legs, it will be slight wobbly and told me not to put pc cabinet on it.. Or else for stability we have to add alex drawers (6.6k) on one side it seems.

Hi lads,

Sorry for the delay. Here are some hastily taken pictures:

Overall, I'm happy with the endeavour though it wasn't a seamless or easy process. Setting quality/attention-to-detail expectations with the carpenter was a task and a half. The table cost me roughly 18k all-in though you can probably get this done for 15k. This includes the cost of the rubber wood board (8' x 4') of which I have a very significant portion left over (and can use for shelves, small furniture etc.). I oiled the table myself over several days (several coats) using mineral oil. Oiling and manual buffing is back-breaking and you can have the carpenter do it if you wish to save time and effort. Select the stain/oil yourself rather than leaving it to the discretion of the carpenter.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Will try to be prompt with my answers.
I'm getting something like this pic for 14.5k. It'll be 19mm plywood with teak wood mica finish. 5feet by 2feet. https://www.cadcrowd.com/3d-models/plywood-pc-table-01

Attachments

• medium.jpg
    medium.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 88
SFF gang doesn't need separate space for their computer ;)

I have a study for my PC and my wife's work PC. so it all works out for me. I'll be getting a sturdy table with space for 2nd monitor and passing on my current table to my wife for her work pc. another main requirement this time is to avoid cluttering cables at ground level and to leave enough clearance for easy sweeping. so nothing will be kept on the floor, back panel with hooks will hold and route the outer cables. holes in the table will route the inner cables. should be done in a day or 2. I'll share the pics once it's done.

I have a study for my PC and my wife's work PC. so it all works out for me. I'll be getting a sturdy table with space for 2nd monitor and passing on my current table to my wife for her work pc. another main requirement this time is to avoid cluttering cables at ground level and to leave enough clearance for easy sweeping. so nothing will be kept on the floor, back panel with hooks will hold and route the outer cables. holes in the table will route the inner cables. should be done in a day or 2. I'll share the pics once it's done.
Layout looks good!
Actually, I love woodworking myself. Not very skilled at it, but lucky to find skilled people who charge anywhere from 700-1000 bucks a day, so 4k for his work is not too much. I am guessing the pre-made legs costing you 6k really took a healthy portion of the budget and they do look very nice, but my local guy would have made these a lot cheaper at his lathe. Yes, I noticed the rounding off the edges, but it is quite an easy task. I have two routers, one for the heavy stuff and a small Makita one that I solely bought for rounding off the edges whenever needed. I got my whole false ceiling made out of wood and everything was done with tools I owned, but by professionals. Like you, I did the finishing myself of all the doors, windows and the false ceiling as well. First a couple of coats of BLO followed by satin PU coat so that the finish can survive the harsh sun and rains we get. For the false ceiling, I bought Walnut stains from Rustoleum and finished with PU on top. Maybe it is difficult to find carpenters in your area, but we have no dearth of them as houses in Himachal still use a lot of wood, but the best workers we hired were from Punjab.
All the wooden panels for the false ceiling were attached to the frame using screws, but I made sure they were covered. For that we cut plugs from the same wood itself and then the screws were recessed into the panels and the holes filled with the plugs. I had to order some of these small tools like the plug-cutter from US as no place in India had them.

These half inch thick panels were cut from solid blocks of 5in x 10in x 10ft, using a table saw /wood planer I had bought so that I could get the work done according to my standards.

These are solid wooden door. Preferred using wood instead of board within the frame as well. Total labor cost for this door came to less than 1500 bucks.
It's a little bit of a grind getting a good carpenter where I am for sure. Wages in NCR are higher as well. This was my first hands-on experience with getting something constructed and the entire experience has been a lesson, honestly. Your woodwork looks sick, btw! I'm also slightly jealous that you live at altitude. The Northern Indian plains are some of the most uninspiring places to live (I digress).

Is it plywood or something else?
Its 19mm Plywood.
Tempered glass can either be visible or safe. You may make the table as a mirror image of the table shown here if you want it safe and hidden.
I'm getting something like this pic for 14.5k. It'll be 19mm plywood with teak wood mica finish. 5feet by 2feet. https://www.cadcrowd.com/3d-models/plywood-pc-table-01
Has anyone used such a design? How can it be comfortable to have Keyboard and mouse at different heights? That seems really uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Its 19mm Plywood.
Tempered glass can either be visible or safe. You may make the table as a mirror image of the table shown here if you want it safe and hidden.

Has anyone used such a design? How can it be comfortable to have Keyboard and mouse at different heights? That seems really uncomfortable.
They should ideally be at the same height. The keyboard pull-out is passe.

Back