Where to buy a PC table?

H
I got a good deal on Ikea:

Trotten Table Top - Rs 1.8k

Adil Legs - Rs 300 x 4

I guess there's a sale on certain table tops, so I was lucky to get a particleboard table top for the price of their cardboard ones.
Hi there. Does the ADILS legs screws are compatible with the TROTTEN table top?

Not entirely.
The screws IKEA sends with the ADILS are about 1/2 inch too long for the TROTTEN tabletop.
I had to get shorter screws from a hardware shop and use those instead.

But other than that, it's perfect!
Are those ADILS sturdy enough to hold the weight of TROTTEN? I believe ADILS has several screws whereas else TROTTEN has only 2 screws for each corner.

I bought the TROTTEN tabletop and received it yesterday, assuming that it can use any table legs. I'm trying to find a better option without spending much on the TROTTEN table legs.

Are those ADILS sturdy enough to hold the weight of TROTTEN? I believe ADILS has several screws whereas else TROTTEN has only 2 screws for each corner.

I bought the TROTTEN tabletop and received it yesterday, assuming that it can use any table legs. I'm trying to find a better option without spending much on the TROTTEN table legs.
Yeah. The ADILS' super strong. I have my 24" monitor and ATX case on the desk and it's not an issue at all. I could probably add 2 more monitors with ease.

The ADILS have 5 screws per leg that need to be drilled into the tabletop.

I don't think any IKEA tabletop comes with pre-drilled holes for the ADILS.

The 2 holes on the TROTTEN tabletop are for the TROTTEN leg system, but you can ignore them entirely if using the ADILS.

I can share a pic of my desk's underside, if you'd like.

I got a good deal on Ikea:

Trotten Table Top - Rs 1.8k

Adil Legs - Rs 300 x 4

I guess there's a sale on certain table tops, so I was lucky to get a particleboard table top for the price of their cardboard ones.
Is the particleboard Trotten better than the thicker fiberboard Lagkapten / Adils combination ? I read that MDF is usually better. Asking as I have an eye on this.

Last edited:
Yeah, that
Yeah. The ADILS' super strong. I have my 24" monitor and ATX case on the desk and it's not an issue at all. I could probably add 2 more monitors with ease.

The ADILS have 5 screws per leg that need to be drilled into the tabletop.

I don't think any IKEA tabletop comes with pre-drilled holes for the ADILS.

The 2 holes on the TROTTEN tabletop are for the TROTTEN leg system, but you can ignore them entirely if using the ADILS.

I can share a pic of my desk's underside, if you'd like.
Oh, I never thought about that.

Yeah, that would be great if you can share a photo of it.

Is the particleboard Trotten better than the thicker fiberboard Lagkapten / Adils combination ? I read that MDF is usually better. Asking as I have an eye on this.
I was also torn between the different IKEA offerings.
The cheapest IKEA table top is the Linnmon - which is essentially just reinforced cardboard. Sufficient for light usage but not very sturdy or strong.
Then comes the Trotten - seems to be an Indian exclusive, it's particleboard and pretty durable. I think it's strong enough for most people's requirements. Doesn't bow or strain.
Then comes Lagkapten - It's MDF and super strong. The advantage here is that MDF is more weatherproof, so if you live in a very humid environment and want a desk that lasts 10+ years, then MDF is the best choice (after real wood - which is expensive AF). Although it commands a greater price too.

Personally, I felt the Trotten was best for me. It's strong enough to support as much weight as I could ever realistically put on a desk and I don't need the desk to last me decades.

I'm also thinking lagkapten with olov combination comes at 4K for 120x60 size... the combination also comes with pre-drilled hole.

Also any one has experience on height adjustable table with motor operated? Seems cost around 35K for 3-stage one, but only issue i see is, none of the model has fail-safe manual control.

Back