where to learn developing a website from ?

this thread's gone be useful for me too :p

i still remember i had joined a basic web designing classes @ NIIT when i was 16 .

frankly speaking it wasn't worth it ...had i got the tutorial\notes which they game me ,i wouldve learnt it by myself..

infact i actually learnt most of the stuff reading the book they gave me ..as the instructor @ the classes was a real dumbass young recruit .

I learnt HTML and other basic stuff ..after which i started designing simple pages in frontpage. :)

wanted to learn more after that ..but never got the time during college. :p

@ Dinesh

..if you get can get good book and tutorials ..you can learn most of the stuff by your self ..depends you too .

i really wouldnt advice spending on classes ..unless it really has some value and is certified.

cause someone told me that NIIT courses etc dont have much value in market.

FaH33m said:
this thread's gone be useful for me too :p
i still remember i had joined a basic web designing classes @ NIIT when i was 16 .
frankly speaking it was worth it ...had i got the tutorial\notes which they game me ,i wouldve learnt it by myself..
infact i actually learnt most of the stuff reading the book they gave me ..as the instructor @ the classes was a real dumbass young recruit .
I learnt HTML and other basic stuff ..after which i started designing simple pages in frontpage. :)
wanted to learn more after than ..but never got the time during college. :p

@ Dinesh
..if you get can get good book and tutorials ..you can learn most of the stuff by your self ..depends you too .
i really wouldnt advice spending on classes ..unless it really has some value and is certified.
cause someone told me that NIIT courses etc dont have much value in market.
thanks for providing me the guidance faheem :)

incase u need some of the tutorials that i have downloaded ( close to 20gb) and ebooks that i have, kindly contact me :)

i`ll be happy to give u those :D

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
lol, i really dint expected another dumb answer from u.

keep it up... ppl like u are an asst on TE :)

Dude if everything was spoon feeded, then next you would ask for the site to be written as well. There are so many software/ tricks already written/blogged. Cant you just even do a query.

~LT

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
thanks for providing me the guidance faheem :)

incase u need some of the tutorials that i have downloaded ( close to 20gb) and ebooks that i have, kindly contact me :)

i`ll be happy to give u those :D

your welcome :hap2: anyways incase i need them i will let you know.

as of now i plan to get familiar with Photo shop.Ive been wanted to learn PS for a long time now..:p

kya baat karing ?

just make the design in photoshop and import the design to dreamweaver ?

then should i learn photoshop first ?

Of course....and there is no need to learn photoshop, you cannot learn it, use your imagination, and you can make great designs with it...

Say suppose you need a button or banner, what do you do ? you cannot just code and code to make a website, it should be appealing and sleek as well..

trust me, photshop + dreamweaver , you're good as a webdeveloper....but yes for adding ecommerce, codes etc you need some knowledge of html, and scripting languages, which can be learnt from tutorials...

there is a nice site to learn basic web designing...Photoshop Tutorials and Flash Tutorials - Tutorialized check it out!!

learn website slicing as well...necessary to cut images in photoshop...

linuxtechie said:
You would find the answer for same again on Google. Its a different thing that you couldnt find the answer.

~LT
may be you should learn to check out some of the guidelines laid down by our own mods themselves. i dont understand why you people have to poke your nose around in every other thread to show how stupid u are.

anyways i don't want to interfere much in this thread. let it be what it is. it will surely benefit many if not u. so just stop crapping it

@ malhotraul
considering you being new in this site, i dint expected this +1 behavior by you. rather take some pain in helping other or keep the thread clean without your unworthy posts.

Renegade .. our lovely mod suggests

http://www.techenclave.com/site-announcements/reputation-points-system-1785.html

You can earn reputation points by posting/starting a really informative thread. Replying to a question in a satisfactory manner with proper information. Creating something extraordinary or suggesting something really helpful. There are lots of ways to earn points. Also when someone asks a question, instead of telling him to go google his query and then post (which is very rude) you can give him a structured reply. It does not matter whether you yourself searched for that answer or knew it beforehand

refrain from doing so in future please.

HTML Tutorials

Dload the HTML Tutorials, they are awesome (In fact, they are so good, I used to delay my pee breaks to learn more of the HTML being taught :lol:).

When you are done with it and want more goodies, contact me for access to the members area.

apitroda said:
may be you should learn to check out some of the guidelines laid down by our own mods themselves. i dont understand why you people have to poke your nose around in every other thread to show how stupid u are.

anyways i don't want to interfere much in this thread. let it be what it is. it will surely benefit many if not u. so just stop crapping it

@ malhotraul
considering you being new in this site, i dint expected this +1 behavior by you. rather take some pain in helping other or keep the thread clean without your unworthy posts.

http://www.techenclave.com/site-announcements/reputation-points-system-1785.html

+1 :eek:hyeah: :rofl:

apitroda said:

@ malhotraul

Did you really understand my answer? Mine answer was: Google. Right?

Now I am going put the question back here:

Dinesh here wants to do website developing, right?

That means following:

1. Identify the audience who is going to visit the site. Whether its going to be a blog/ online website/ forum/ whatever.

2. Identify the technology that will be flexible, yet simple, fast to suite intended use:

Templating/Perl/Python/Php/Java/C/C++ there are so many options available. I am not even talking about flash and other flash based generators.

3. Identify the role he wants: Web Artist (HTML/CSS/Javascript), Developer (Perl/PHP/Python/Java/C/C++), Integrator (Backends / Content).

None of these training institute out there understand what the current website development is. They all will dab about HTML/Javascript.

If you are a developer then you really don't need to go through these HTML / Javascript (Once/Twice refrence may be needed), cause there are so many commercial/open source tool available that can generate the renderer for you / if the web artist can do it for you.

The key for a website: Content, that pulls the crowd, not the rendering. No matter how good the rendering is, if the content is not good enough, a visitor wont visit back (Eg.: TechEnclave).

All you need is content, integrate them with the renderer and voila you have the page available and kicking.

Bottomline: Website developing is complex and bottomless, you need to identify what you mean by doing that. That means you need to investigate your need/purpose, do a study about same, no two people may want to web site developement for same purpose. It needs a study. Identification of whats needed. What you are looking for is something that you have to answer yourself, no training institute can help you for that.

Hence the answer: Google.

I hope I made myself clear.

Dinesh, I hope I cleared myself. There are so many things, if I start writing, it will fill volumes here, hence the suggestion: Google.

Peace.

~LT

linuxtechie said:
Did you really understand my answer? Mine answer was: Google. Right?

Now I am going put the question back here:

Dinesh here wants to do website developing, right?

That means following:

1. Identify the audience who is going to visit the site. Whether its going to be a blog/ online website/ forum/ whatever.

2. Identify the technology that will be flexible, yet simple, fast to suite intended use:

Templating/Perl/Python/Php/Java/C/C++ there are so many options available. I am not even talking about flash and other flash based generators.

3. Identify the role he wants: Web Artist (HTML/CSS/Javascript), Developer (Perl/PHP/Python/Java/C/C++), Integrator (Backends / Content).

None of these training institute out there understand what the current website development is. They all will dab about HTML/Javascript.

If you are a developer then you really don't need to go through these HTML / Javascript (Once/Twice refrence may be needed), cause there are so many commercial/open source tool available that can generate the renderer for you / if the web artist can do it for you.

The key for a website: Content, that pulls the crowd, not the rendering. No matter how good the rendering is, if the content is not good enough, a visitor wont visit back (Eg.: TechEnclave).

All you need is content, integrate them with the renderer and voila you have the page available and kicking.

Bottomline: Website developing is complex and bottomless, you need to identify what you mean by doing that. That means you need to investigate your need/purpose, do a study about same, no two people may want to web site developement for same purpose. It needs a study. Identification of whats needed. What you are looking for is something that you have to answer yourself, no training institute can help you for that.

Hence the answer: Google.

I hope I made myself clear.

Dinesh, I hope I cleared myself. There are so many things, if I start writing, it will fill volumes here, hence the suggestion: Google.

Peace.

~LT

genius !! :)

u expected me to get all this info directly on google ?

if u wud have written this earlier, it wud have helped me and others tooo :)

google or no google... its good to have the same content at TE itself !

thank u very much :)

Dont worry about content now. As it is, if you are going to design websites for small industries they will give you the content.

Do this if you really want to be able to design websites quicky.

1. Learn the very basics of Flash and dreamweaver in about a month. Just get the basics.

2. Once you have done that, just dig up web templates and understand the flow of pages and design a few websites using them... You will be surprised how much you learn and how easy it is to make websites.

3. Most newbies dont know how to upload websites. Its just like uploading to rapdshare. The homepage usually has to be named index.html

You can do that directly from dreamweaver or use cuteFTP. Basically just an uploader...

Once you have done that, then upgrade your skills(if necessary)

I designed Leading Tyre Moulds and Machine Parts Manufacturer using some "BASIC" dreamweaver/Flash knowledge and using templates.

^^ I tried learning flash but couldn't find good tutorials...do you have links to good tutorials that teach you from the very basics ?? and then move on to advanced....

vij said:
Dont worry about content now. As it is, if you are going to design websites for small industries they will give you the content.
Do this if you really want to be able to design websites quicky.

1. Learn the very basics of Flash and dreamweaver in about a month. Just get the basics.
2. Once you have done that, just dig up web templates and understand the flow of pages and design a few websites using them... You will be surprised how much you learn and how easy it is to make websites.
3. Most newbies dont know how to upload websites. Its just like uploading to rapdshare. The homepage usually has to be named index.html
You can do that directly from dreamweaver or use cuteFTP. Basically just an uploader...
Once you have done that, then upgrade your skills(if necessary)

I designed Leading Tyre Moulds and Machine Parts Manufacturer using some "BASIC" dreamweaver/Flash knowledge and using templates.

are these templates available for free ?

can we customise the templates which we download from net as per our suitablity ?

or is there a limitation to the extent of customization possible with readymade templates ?
PS:
thank you very much for your reply vij.
i really appreciate the effort you people are putting in making this thread really informative :)

may it help as many web developer wanabees :D

are these templates available for free ?

can we customise the templates which we download from net as per our suitablity ?

or is there a limitation to the extent of customization possible with readymade templates ?

1) most of the sites provide free templates in categories of html, flash etc

2) yes you can customise the templates as per your liking

3) it depends on the website designer , if he has provided psd's as well for images, then the sites are fully customisable, also you can format, change the looks, grphics etc for the template....

Most hoting sites provide free templates but they dont cut it in terms of design or customization. But you can use them for the basic web presence many want.

If you want professional designs take a look at Web Templates, Flash Templates, Website Templates Design - Template Monster

They are priced at 50-70$ per template. Ofcourse, I dont need to tell you that they can be downloaded for free too :p

But, if you purchase them legally from template monster they will guide you through any customization queries through emails and video tutorials(yes thats right). And I can personally tell you that their support is excellent.

Back