Whey Protein Advice

drastic weight loss is unhealthy and not long term....body tends to loose muscle in such senario then fat..becoz muscle has higher caloric requirement then fat hence body prefer loosing them first and keeping FAT for future for survival for such famine...if some want to loose FAT beneath there skin....it is better to apply gradual approach to fat loss.......doing fat loss in such manner will give u higher muscle \ fat ratio leading to a more stable matabolism and hence less fat %......and this will lead to leaner and better look then loose skinned look which is obtained by doin drastic weight loss.....

whey protin should not be discontinued IMHO........[its purpose is recovery which cant be matched by ragular vege-nonvege food]

You need the protein if you're planning on going on a strict weight loss diet. Protein gives your body the impression of being full as it takes a while to digest, that curbs your other instinct (to gorge on food). So protein is actually recommended for weight loss too.

You obviously will need a slow digesting protein. Whey is fast, not ideal. Theres not much diff so if you can't get your hands on caesin, whey will probably work well.

And about brands.. go for optimum. If you're in bangalore you can buy it from the fabmalls.

Thank u guys for all the replies.
I do weight training everyday at home. and since dont have fixed timings at work i am not joining any gym. cause i had joined before but could not continue for a long time. working out at home is a better option. and i am more likely to continue working out watching CNBC in the morning. I do weight training as well as cardio. The reason i wanted whey protein advice is because i have started a six meal plan in which breakfast is the heaviest meal. the only problem is while i am in the office. its very difficult to get a decent meal around my office so i end up having a sandwich or a wada pav (which i have stopped now) so i thought that having protein shakes is better than that. am i in the right direction. Pls give ur comments.

whey protien shake alone as a meal replacement is some what overkill....whey protien shake is a post workout meal...and should be used accordingly i would say dont use whey protien alone instead use it with some complex cardbs like oats.......

can u post ur schedule of a day.........also post what exercises u do......if ur doin bicep-tricep curls with dumble and no bodywt movements like pushups\squats then i think ur a little misguided.........

by home training for fat loss i assumed the following....and IMO shold be done for better result....

ur doing compund movements...like one day pushups\chest press....other day like squats\lunges for lower body.....and then next day chinup \ rowing with dB for back....with proper rest days in between [or cardio..]

staying away from any isolation movements like bicep curls and trip curls........

concentrating on exercise....or doing exersice with focus instead of swinging weight...

jumping rope\stair-walking\indore cycling for cardio....

Monday - Pushups , Chest Press, Crunches and other abs exercises
Tuesday - Bicep curls , tricep curls , Lunges , squats
Wednesday - Skipping ropes
Thursday - Same as monday
Friday - same as tuesday
Saturday - skipping ropes
Sunday -rest

Daily routine and meal
Before workout - A bowl of oats
After workout - fruits,two chapatis, a cup of tea
Afternoon - 3 chapatis and a vegetable
mid evening snack - Problem area
Dinner - Paneer/chicken/fish/vegetable

Walk home from work=45 minutes which i do everyday

cool...

btw

Tuesday - Lunges , squats

Wednesday - Skipping ropes<-----make it HIIT SKIPPING

Thursday - chinups , db rows...,

Friday - same as tuesday

Saturday -Skipping ropes<-----make it HIIT SKIPPING

Sunday -rest

Daily routine and meal

Before workout - A bowl of oats:cool2:

After workout - fruits,two chapatis, a cup of tea+WHEY PROTIEN SHAKE

mid evening snack - Problem area<-----ok whey protien shake+fruit

Dinner - Paneer/chicken/fish/vegetable:cool2:

Walk home from work=45 minutes which i do everyday:hap2:

id recommend you incorporate whey protein in your post workout meal. If you insist on using a protein shake for the mid evening snack, id suggest you use something with a lot of fiber in it along with protein unlike the post workout protein.

EscSysRq said:
cool...

btw

Tuesday - Lunges , squats
Wednesday - Skipping ropes<-----make it HIIT SKIPPING
Thursday - chinups , db rows...,
Friday - same as tuesday
Saturday -Skipping ropes<-----make it HIIT SKIPPING
Sunday -rest

Daily routine and meal
Before workout - A bowl of oats:cool2:
After workout - fruits,two chapatis, a cup of tea+WHEY PROTIEN SHAKE
mid evening snack - Problem area<-----ok whey protien shake+fruit
Dinner - Paneer/chicken/fish/vegetable:cool2:

Walk home from work=45 minutes which i do everyday:hap2:

Which brand of Whey protein ?

You are correct but with boiled food things are different. One looses weight but there are no side effects infact it is so healthy that there is a "Glow" on your face lol! Ever wonder why patients are given boiled food? It is very nourishing and puts less work on the digestive system ;) OP can eat protein by other means fish, chicken, soya bean, "Sattu" etc but jumping to Whey straightaway is waste of money... give atleast 4 months before ur body starts turning into a "fat burning machine" :hap2:

Try it for 10 days... just 10 days....

EscSysRq said:
drastic weight loss is unhealthy and not long term....body tends to loose muscle in such senario then fat..becoz muscle has higher caloric requirement then fat hence body prefer loosing them first and keeping FAT for future for survival for such famine...if some want to loose FAT beneath there skin....it is better to apply gradual approach to fat loss.......doing fat loss in such manner will give u higher muscle \ fat ratio leading to a more stable matabolism and hence less fat %......and this will lead to leaner and better look then loose skinned look which is obtained by doin drastic weight loss.....

whey protin should not be discontinued IMHO........[its purpose is recovery which cant be matched by ragular vege-nonvege food]

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
You need the protein if you're planning on going on a strict weight loss diet. Protein gives your body the impression of being full as it takes a while to digest, that curbs your other instinct (to gorge on food). So protein is actually recommended for weight loss too.

You obviously will need a slow digesting protein. Whey is fast, not ideal. Theres not much diff so if you can't get your hands on caesin, whey will probably work well.

And about brands.. go for optimum. If you're in bangalore you can buy it from the fabmalls.

RKitect said:
had no idea about any brands. thats why had put up this question on the forum. will look around the shops here.

look out if u can find USN Dynamic Whey. If you can then its a very good protein to get started with. Dont get the Gold Whey or the Mega Mass or anything like that . Like i said if u can find USN Dynamic Whey....its the best...

Serving size: 1 Rounded scoop (30g) 30 servings per container
Amount per 2 Servings (60g)
Protein 44g
Carbohydrates (Total) 4g
Calcium 156mg
Fat (Total) 2g
Typical Amino acid profile per 100 g
Alanine 3340mg
Aspartic Acid (Asp) 8491mg
Glutamic Acid (Glu) 10670mg
Histidine (His) 1685mg
Leucine (Leu) 8105mg
Methionine (Met) 1842mg
Proline (Pro) 4393mg
Threonine (Thr) 5903mg
Tyrosine (Tyr) 2278mg
Arginine 2220mg
Cystine (Cys) 1593mg
Isoleucine (IIE) 4483mg
Lysine (Lys) 6876mg
Phenylalanine (Phe) 2490mg
Serine (Ser) 4363mg
Tryptophan (Try) 1260mg
Valine (Val) 4260mg
+ Branched Chain Amino Acids
Excellent BCAA/EAA ratio provides superior nutrition

hanzy said:
look out if u can find USN Dynamic Whey. If you can then its a very good protein to get started with. Dont get the Gold Whey or the Mega Mass or anything like that . Like i said if u can find USN Dynamic Whey....its the best...

let me do i lil math here.......

usn whey :

protien % [44\60]*100 == 73.333 %

brand i use..........[APN 100% whey]

[24\29.4]*100 == 81.632 %

EscSysRq said:
let me do i lil math here.......

usn whey :
protien % [44\60]*100 == 73.333 %

brand i use..........[APN 100% whey]
[24\29.4]*100 == 81.632 %

Can u please explain the math formula here :) wat is getting calculated with what ?
Edit : (Total protein content \ Total Serving Content )* 100 gotcha...im sure apn will be way costlier than usn whey

EscSysRq said:
2400 for 5 lbs! 77 servings...........

two servings just after workouts...enough for 40 days......

Hmmm....would u please do a favour by posting the content of the following per serving:

Sodium
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate

TYIA.

also per scoop weight of the apn is only 14.7gms ?

p.s : just trying to compare it with something else here....

Back