Which AC to buy out of these two??

pvsabnis

Disciple
I'm looking for a split AC for my bedroom which is 12x10. I've shortlisted teo models
1. Hitachi Ace follow me 1.2T
2. Carrier Durakool Star 1T

Which is the better one?? What I'm looking for is quality of compressor, logativity, silent, low electric consumption, less maintanace, good after sales service.
What I heard recently is, Carrier Durakool doen't come with original Carrier compressor, the're fitting some third party compressors in their ACs...is it true?

not sure dude, I have a samsung 1.0 T 5 star rated ac with biosleep and I'm pretty satisfied with it.
The follow me feature in hitachi is pretty innovative. Imagine getting cool air wherever you're seated.. My Samsung is only 2 way swing i.e. it will throw the air in an upward and downward direction and not sideways. some of the LG's come with 4-way swing + have a feature of controlling the ceiling fan and the a/c with one remote.

The Hitachi model since you mentioned these:

pvsabnis said:
quality of compressor, logativity, silent, low electric consumption, less maintanace, good after sales service.

Japanese ACs such as Hitachi, Fujitsu-General, Daikin, Toshiba etc are expensive but they are for the reasons mentioned above.

I wouldn't go for Carrier Estrella....though I heard it's all imported unit and much better than Durakool models. But it's price is nearly same to Hitachi. So I prefer Hitachi over that model. Howz Durakool btw? Anybody is using that model? How about OGeneral in gray market. I heard 1T AC is for 24K in gray. Howz the deal?

Well for the specific qualities you have listed....why not look at Samsung...you will have good service, silent, reliable plus you can have extended warranties if you buy from places like Croma.

Regarding OGeneral...not sure about pricing...but they are really good and long lasting...I have seen models from 80's working in the Gandhi market and giving excellent cooling. But they are not really power efficient(not too sure about newer models)..they are meant for performance.

Hitachi is way too expensive... believe they import their stuff. My friend has a Hitachi 1.5 ton window AC and it doesn't really cool like my LG 1.5Tonner.

Last but not the least...always look for good after sales service. Products can breakdown even from very respected brands...so make sure you can get it repaired else you will have to run to your local AC repair guys.

Yeah OGeneral 1T split is not power efficient.....I agree....that's what the spec shows on their site EER is somewhere 9.3 which is not that good I guess compare to Hitachi Ace or Carrier Estrella, Durakool.

There are some good ones from Godrej too if you want to save some dough and not compromise on the quality.

As for me , i have 3 new quantity of 1.5 ton, 5 Star rated Samsung Split AC and 2 LG non rated 4 years old window AC.Out of 5 Ac's not single one...touch wood has given any problem.

So really as the technology progresses getting local samsung or Lg or Godrej may not really be that bad decision.

Hitachi is good.....

The cooling is perfect....

My friend has it....

I use Voltas and it is also good..

Dude, this is no topic to argue, HITACHI all the way. I have bought one of those and believe me it works like magic.I sleep with a kashmiri blanket putting it on just 24-25.God its like the devils nose.Just get the HITACHI piece(If u dont have money problem) with your eyes closed.While it comes to Cooling be it Refrigeration or air conditioning, there is no one even closely competitive with this company.they are the king in this area.Most important is the longevity of these products.they will just go on and on and on without repair.Do yourself a favour and buy the HITACHI piece.;)

Back