Which Blood Glucose Test Device To Purchase??

Metalspree

Skilled
I am looking out to buy a blood glucose test meter for my grand mother who is quite old and cannot make it to the doctor shop every now and then to check her glucose levels:(.I had purchased accu-check 2 years back but it's dead now,did try to give it for repair but they quoted me bomb:mad: .The strips for a accu-check are also bit expensive.Are there any other brand's i can look into which are VFM??
TIA :)

Are Not they supposed to come with Life-Time Warranty???
btw, why need to take ur granny to doc for test, get those checks at home only,call the home collectors who take the samples from home only..way easier than testing urself by accu check...our accu-check is hardly used.!

Techie#1 said:
Are Not they supposed to come with Life-Time Warranty???
btw, why need to take ur granny to doc for test, get those checks at home only,call the home collectors who take the samples from home only..way easier than testing urself by accu check...our accu-check is hardly used.!

She stays in village ,i don't think there are people to come home and collect samples.There is not life time warranty on the device i purchased :mad:.

My Dad has a Lifescan OneTouch Basic : LifeScan India - Products

Quite reliable, since it still works. Although no clue how much the test strips cost now. Give them a call and find out.

I agree with Techie though, even my dad doesn't use the thing anymore. Most people just schedule routine checkups. Even villages should have a decent medical centre around.

Back