Which Browser is better

freak86

Disciple
May 6, 2007
nothings better than firefox....opera is attractive only bcoz of its download manager....ie7 is just bulky good for nothing......

balashome

Disciple
Oct 1, 2006
Opera, it is, for me!

However I have got two major complaints against it. It does not have an inline spell checker like Firefox and it does not handle rich text formatting anywhere near as well as Firefox. You can see that even when you post to such forums.

With Firefox though, there are a lot more complaints than just 2:). FF3 is a great beginning and the difference in speed between FF and Opera is dwindling all the time - but still present as of now. But Firefox without all those lovely extensions is nowhere near the browser that Opera is.

And watch out for Safari for Windows. It is even faster than Opera, but the only problem is that its font compatibility is shot and using it for any length of time gives me a headache! If the font compatibility is improved, then Safari could prove to be serious competition to the other two.

zhopudey

Skilled
May 14, 2005
Can anyone tell me how to disable torrents in opera? I have to use IE to save the torrent file :p

As for this thread, its just spambait :tongue:

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Downloads -> Search for 'torrent' and then edit the options

or

type "opera:config" in address bar and then disable from there

btw what torrents are you plannin to download :p

sri_rng

Adept
Sep 3, 2007
type opera:config in the address bar and look for bit torrent or something like that there.. Was a big nuisance for me!!

Checksum

Skilled
Aug 3, 2005
^^ strange. I have experienced compatibility issues with opera, but not with FF. Even Opera 9.50 has issues rendering certain sites. FF3 works like a charm.