Which camera do you own

[OT]^^..umm chaos, this out of sheer curiosity and nothing else.
Is there any topic you dont know about? i mean, whatever topic be it on TE, u seem to have a very confident and clear idea about it. Please, No offense meant..its just admirable :)[/OT]

tirthankar said:
[OT]^^..umm chaos, this out of sheer curiosity and nothing else.
Is there any topic you dont know about? i mean, whatever topic be it on TE, u seem to have a very confident and clear idea about it. Please, No offense meant..its just admirable :)[/OT]

No wonder if one is inquisitive enough and gets the access and exposure to stuff will have just the right knowledge... You need to make your passion a religion to get there...

No wonder if one is inquisitive enough and gets the access and exposure to stuff will have just the right knowledge... You need to make your passion a religion to get there...
very nicely put...
passion : thats the word here..:)

neway..sorry for going ot..

LOL tirthankar its basically my way of time pass :). I do a lot of reading before I invest in anything so that the chances of making a mistake are as low as possible. I'm just regurgitating some of the stuff posted in other forums :p. BTW there's a typo in that post 17-44 meant 17-55.

broar94 said:
overexposes some time.. . too bright light not accurate

never happened with me...i think you don't know to use the manual controls properly otherwise this would never happen....i think u should use the automatic settings only...u know what????this happens when an AMATEUR tries to use an INTERMEDIATE CAMERA :bleh: :tongue:

^ If your using the 'P' mode (Programmed Exposure), you ought to use the Exposure Compensation function (EV) in the menu, when shooting in tricky lighting situations.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll be shooting fully manual :p

i'm not sure abot W5, but my W70(and i think W50 too) has a histogram for setting the exposure.

just need to adjust it till it is more or less evenly distributed to get optimum light. if it's too skewed to either of the sides, its either too dark or too light..:)

Canon 30D + Sigma 28-70 + Sigma 70-300 DG macro(Non APO boohoo + major CA action)..

These lenses don't do this baby any justice and the only lens in my scheme of things or rather in my budget now is the canon 50/1.8 and perhaps a cheap wide angle, such as the tokina .

This being my first SLR digital or otherwise, I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around the concept of lenses being costlier than the cameras.
Damn those Canon Ls.

Nikon D40 with 18-55 AF...love the pics..gave me real good shutter speeds to catch the high speed F1 action..also worth mentioning...fast focussing

cant buy anyother lense with my short budget right now....but will come here and ask whn i have enough cash :-D

Back