Which form of martial arts is easiest/quickest to learn?

^^^ he was famous for his arrogance and black belt thingy. And yes .. Its more then possible.. A poor farmer boy who works 12 hours in the farm may have much more strength then many black belter's out their, but they may not have tricks. I'm not a farmer boy. :p

I would say go for Karate ! It has both form of fighting, offensive and defensive. Trains in Nun-Chucks as well. I am a Yellow-II from it myself. They count like, Ich, nee, san, she, go, lock, sheechee, hachee, que, joo :D

Where do u stay party monger? If Bihar, then definitely need to train. :p

foruamit2004 said:
^^^ he was famous for his arrogance and black belt thingy. And yes .. Its more then possible.. A poor farmer boy who works 12 hours in the farm may have much more strength then many black belter's out their, but they may not have tricks. I'm not a farmer boy. :p

No, i mean thx for bringing it up as it reinforces an earlier point i made.

3 non-skilled and unarmed could conceivably take on 1 black belt. How many agree with this statement ?

Biggest problem with street fights is you never how many ppl are backing up the guy giving you trouble. If there's 1 guy close by and another of his mates then even if you know how to fight your odds of winning are diminished. Because they picked on you knowing their strength and unless you have x-ray vision you have no clue if they are carrying anything.

Cops & bouncers work in teams and help is always available but if you are all by yourself its a risky decison.

Aladdin said:
I would say go for Karate ! It has both form of fighting, offensive and defensive. Trains in Nun-Chucks as well. I am a Yellow-II from it myself. They count like, Ich, nee, san, she, go, lock, sheechee, hachee, que, joo :D

Where do u stay party monger? If Bihar, then definitely need to train. :p

^ your counting in japanese. its not lock its roku for 6, kyuu for 9, and juu for 10.

6pack said:
^ your counting in japanese. its not lock its roku for 6, kyuu for 9, and juu for 10.

que=kyu, joo=juu? Whats the big difference? :p

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi = Kyoonki Saaas Bhee Kabhee Bahoo Thee..... :p

Roku for 6? i remember it as lock....

^Sorry didnt have the patience to read through the whole thread..

1) The easiest Self Defence technique to learn would be kick boxing.. it is easily taught and a wide variety of people do this. Muay Thai is slightly more complicated and requires extreme physical fitness compared to kick boxing.

2) If you are looking at extreme flexibility workouts and agility learn taekwondo, Taekwondo is basically a whole lot of kicking rather than punching. Its the number of blows you put in your opponent that matter, not the strength of each hit.

3) Karate is your next best option after Taekwondo. Karate has a balance between kicks and punches and requires rigorous training. I achieved a Green-Blue in Karate in 8th standard. So i can tell you its not easy.

4) Judo would be a very practical self de-fence option as they basically focus on immobilizing the opponent. But again i don't have thorough knowledge on Judo so you will have to check this option out a bit.

Next if you really want to get your physical fitness up, get a saw-dust filled punching bag and practice. Use padded gloves or atleast tie a dense layer of cloth around your hands. DO NOT, i REPEAT DO NOT GET a sandbag in the start, you will scrape your knuckles out and it'll bleed. your skin needs to toughen up before you start to use a Sandbag.

Goto your local sports store and buy wrap-around weights. Ex - These are small bags which either contain sand/weights and can be wrapped around your waist/legs and will help your body get stronger. All you need to do is wear them and exercise.

Cheers :)

SoMxNemesis said:
Goto your local sports store and buy wrap-around weights. Ex - These are small bags which either contain sand/weights and can be wrapped around your waist/legs and will help your body get stronger. All you need to do is wear them and exercise.

Can you tell me a specific shop in Bangalore where I can get these weights? Any pointers on how much to use and what training regimen to follow?

Raghunandan said:
Can you tell me a specific shop in Bangalore where I can get these weights? Any pointers on how much to use and what training regimen to follow?

These are available at Olympic Sports Outlets. Use around 6-8 kgs on each leg. Hide it under your jeans or something and walk around normally.. that helps too.

sushantV said:
Lol. Try it then. I'd say its the toughest.

BTW forgot to mention that I am blue belt i n Karate - Goju Ryu and have practiced boxing and judo as well.

It all depends on each ones point of view, dedication and time spent training. I'm not saying you are wrong.. its just my point of view.

malhotraraul said:
hey man, just learn to run & fast, this is also the best of martial arts

funny.. but it can work :rofl:

Party Monger said:
Just thought knowing one is imperative..The world is not a safe place any more:p

Frankly, more self confidence, if you look at a guy, you have brains, he has brains, it gives you a psychologically higher ground to know that you can beat the shit out of him :rofl:

Besides, better to be prepared than sorry..I've met quite a few aggressive people in the last few months, and it seems like a good idea to know how to protect your self or to pack in a few punches if necessary..
1.kick to the shin->(bends a bit)->kick to the nads->(bends a lot)->kick to the nose->(cant bend anymore)
2.He approaches->you sneeze->"saala, swine flu ho gaya"->he runs away
3.Join a self-defense class...not necessarily martial arts

martial arts ?

Practice Krav Maga, the Israeli form of fitness and Self defense or Muay-Thai.

Truth is kids have access to guns, and they bring those guns to school.

4 liquid stages of life -

ATT00001-780827.jpg

Back