Which haircut saloon do you visit?

^^ those who have branded saloons in their 'neighbourhood' :p
everyone here's mentioning "neighbourhood saloon"... it sounds as if it's some brand name[DOUBLEPOST=1404240700][/DOUBLEPOST]
Paisa wasool is when you get happy ending.
yes.
and 'full' paisa vasool is when you get Value Added Services free of cost!

damm so many phoreigners in TE @booo @m-jeri , please share how did you reach there and at present what job/study/tours you are doing, pleaseeeeee :D
one day I decided that I will leave India. applied for oz pr. did all the processing, paper work etc... after 6 months got the pr. left the job and landed in sydney with life's savings in hand (leap of faith). after around 3 months I got a job at oracle sydney. I am a c++ programmer in SAN storage domain. passed out of CDAC 10 years ago.
PS: darthcoder and me are classmates in cdac ;)
Paisa wasool is when you get happy ending.
You get happy endings in massage parlors. :hilarious:

Last edited:
Lol what a topic. let me share my thoughts. Lengthy post alert.

I have been loyal to my neighborhood barber for the past 22 years when our family moved to our newly built house where we are presently staying since the last 22 summers.

He used to have a small rented shop with 2 wooden chairs, a long wooden waiting bunch and 2 assistants. I had just joined college and also enrolled in NCC(National Cadet Corps). NCC is strict about keeping your mane trimmed, face devoid of any growth when you attend the weekly parades, camps. Anybody who didn't have a military style haircut received severe punishments like squat sitting holding a rifle above the head for 10 mins, crawling with your elbows on the ground and others.

He used to cringe when I insisted on getting my crew cut " saar you will not be able to comb". He was charging Rs.10 back in 1992 when I started visiting him once a month. Girls in my college would giggle behind my back looking at my head but I didn't care. I loved NCC and obtained the coveted C certificate at the end of 3 years finishing up as Company Under Officer.

Now coming back to my old barber, who now owns a commercial building at the very place he started and has more than 15 assistants with a swanky shining hair parlor, offering facials, hair coloring, head massage(with the good old Navaratna hair oil). He handles more than 8 customers at a given time with revolving chairs, a waiting lounge with cushioned sofa, English magazines, TV, uniforms for all the staff(some of them imported from North India) but still charges me only Rs.50. He also visited our house for the Choodakarma (hair cutting ceremony) of my 2 year old Nephew.

Heard this many times, as long as people live, they will need to get their hair cut... hence a barber shop will always be a never-ending business.... lol

Has anyone tried that single chaired one mirror barber shop that sits under a tree in the remotest places of this country? And how about those barbers that used to go in the marriages in UP from the boy's side to shave/haircut all the baarati's.

Back