Car & Bike Which Hatchback around 7L?

baleno rs has a 3 cylinder engine too
atleast that has like 100+ bhp and great torque. but im sure the baleno rs will flop. why will anyone pay 1.4 lakh extra for a lil more power when the engine also wont be smooth that one expects in a high priced petrol car. its not even a automatic gearbox and has no features added. there are many faster cars at way lesser cost than baleno rs.

Just bought a GT TSI in Jan. It wasn't the car i was looking for to begin with & i had an eye for a budget the same as you, but a good test drive changed my mind instantly.

Yes it will cost you way above your 7L ceiling but in some ways it justifies it's cost fairly handsomely.

7S DSG,103Bhp,ABS,ESP,Dual Airbags,Auto Climate Control, Cruise Control,rake n reach adjust, build quality, paint quality & seamless welding,etc etc

What it might lack on a bit of interior trim wrt gizmo's n things like a reverse camera (not a deal breaker for a hatch) .. it makes up with its engine n gearbox alone. Getting around 11+ kmpl in city with the AC on its just the icing on the cake.

None of the above sell the car though. What does, is that magic "S mode". There's really no coming back from that. That's when you realise, this is the car you need for a city like Bombay and the car that will keep you sane in city traffic, with its insanity!

Just bought a GT TSI in Jan. It wasn't the car i was looking for to begin with & i had an eye for a budget the same as you, but a good test drive changed my mind instantly.

Yes it will cost you way above your 7L ceiling but in some ways it justifies it's cost fairly handsomely.

7S DSG,103Bhp,ABS,ESP,Dual Airbags,Auto Climate Control, Cruise Control,rake n reach adjust, build quality, paint quality & seamless welding,etc etc

What it might lack on a bit of interior trim wrt gizmo's n things like a reverse camera (not a deal breaker for a hatch) .. it makes up with its engine n gearbox alone. Getting around 11+ kmpl in city with the AC on its just the icing on the cake.

None of the above sell the car though. What does, is that magic "S mode". There's really no coming back from that. That's when you realise, this is the car you need for a city like Bombay and the car that will keep you sane in city traffic, with its insanity!

Whoaa! Thanks bro :)

I wish I could also bump up my budget but I can't for now :(

BTW, TDed Figo Titanium Petrol over the weekend: Cabin space (Front and Back) are super spacious compared to the Swift I drive.
The TD car which I drive was of Nov-2015. So more than a year old.
The engine response is good for city/occasional long drives.
The steering is like butter and provided good feedback.
The consultant took me over a rough patch to get a feel of the suspension. It was a lot more comfortable than Swift.
I found the gear box harder than my Swift (2011 model). And also the clutch was a bit hard. Will this be the case for a new Figo too? I think it should not be.
Can any Figo owners clarify please?

Now regarding Tiago XZA:
My better-half is concerned about Tata service reliability.
Same query here too: Want to know recent service experience with Tata from recent owners.

Thanks guyz for your awesome tips and suggestions! Keep'em comin'!

Was waiting for Tiago XZ (not XZA since its not arrived yet) TD the whole weekend.

But no call from SA.

Figo seems to be my only option.

Back