Which HD DTH to get

Pernicious

Disciple
Hi Guys. I recently bought a Sony 46" EX520. I wanted to get a DTH connection for this TV. I have 6 TV's in my home, and I would like to know would be cheaper if I get more connections? Because, I basically need HD for this only, rest I don't have Full HD tv.
So, which DTH should I go for? What are the good packs and all? I am total newb in this DTH thing and viewing all these sites with SO MUCH info, has made me CONFUSED! I am okay with getting an HD+ connection too.
So please suggest.
Thank you.

Dont want to create a new thread so asking here only -

What about non HD ?

Which is the most vfm dth and economical also ?

i am from mumbai :)

My dad was suggesting Videocon D2H HD. Anyone here uses it and has any feedback to share? Their prices are good for the top-most HD pack.

I 'm using Airtel HD for now which I got as a complimentary gift from Sony...It has 7 HD channels(South Economy sports HD) for Rs/Month 288/-..Working fine for now...

Videocon D2H hD has the highest number of HD channels but havent heard anything about the quality of service..if you want to experiment you can try it or else go with either Airtel or Tatasky

i have a similar requirment . btw what about IPTV's ??

and does videocon has DVR features?? .. which channals are in HD.. I was looking for some channals like Discovery, mtv, and some movie channels

surya_neo said:
I 'm using Airtel HD for now which I got as a complimentary gift from Sony...It has 7 HD channels(South Economy sports HD) for Rs/Month 288/-..Working fine for now...

Videocon D2H hD has the highest number of HD channels but havent heard anything about the quality of service..if you want to experiment you can try it or else go with either Airtel or Tatasky

Airtel now had 11 HD CHANNELS not 7 and m gettig all 11 HD channels.

dude, for your suggestion airtel now providing a 1 yr offer(HD) for 3490rs only...

i'm in tamil nadu, so no idea about other state....

surya_neo said:
Site only shows 8 channels...the 8th channel UTV Stars....crap..I dont want it anyway..

Three more channels are colors HD, CNBC PRIME HD and History HD.so total 11 and m in all round pack getting all channels.

Yes. It is indeed 2000 for the TS+. Go for it guys. I doubt there are better things in the market at this price today.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just ordered this one. Details:

1) You need to pay the full amount upfront (2599 for HD and 3999 for HD+)
2) Installation in 48 hours
3) Extra amount will be refunded to the account AFTER installation
4) 2 months FREE HD Gold package
5) Old STB replacement refund at 300 for SD STB and 500 for HD STB

Cheers!

^ That won't work since you will have to order the STB yourself. You will need to call the helpline (preferably from your registered mobile number) and after authenticating you, they will ask you to enter credit card details to pay 3999 for the TS+ HD STB. So essentially someone needs to give you their card number and other details. No one will do that obviously, so your best bet is to go one of your friends who has a card and while you are on the call, ask him to enter the card details. The extra amount is credited to your Tata Sky account and not to the credit card.

Super offer from Tatasky placed an order today for HD+ at 10.45 and the box was installed by 2.45 :clap: .Tomorrows F1 race in HD :eek:hyeah:.

Back