Which is the Best Download Manager?

I have been a loyal user of Orbit for a long time. It's a resource hog though on the internet connection. So ensure that u have a high speed broadband connection be to be able to surf when Orbit is running.

Thanks for the great response guys.....

Finally settled to "FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER". Its awesome!

Everyone in the above thread has mentioned about getting higher download speeds with IDM that is not at all true. Actually, the speed depends upon the bandwidth and no software can change it in anyway*(unless its any kind of hacking or something :) ). The thing is that IDM shows real time speeds and this speed update is very quick, so even if u get burst speed IDM immediately shows the speed whereas other download managers show it gradually. U can test it yourself by keeping a check of the amount of bytes transferred they will be constant(by checking ur lan connection).

I may not be correct, if so please correct me.:hap2:

If there is any other download manager better than FDM please do mention it.

You are wrong. IDM increases download speed. I used to get sometimes 45kBPS on airtel GPRS using IDM. Despite increasing speed IDM is by far the best DM ever made. Whatever works for u. Cheers.

Sanjeet Arora said:
Thanks for the great response guys.....

Finally settled to "FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER". Its awesome!

Everyone in the above thread has mentioned about getting higher download speeds with IDM that is not at all true. Actually, the speed depends upon the bandwidth and no software can change it in anyway*(unless its any kind of hacking or something :) ). The thing is that IDM shows real time speeds and this speed update is very quick, so even if u get burst speed IDM immediately shows the speed whereas other download managers show it gradually. U can test it yourself by keeping a check of the amount of bytes transferred they will be constant(by checking ur lan connection).

I may not be correct, if so please correct me.:hap2:

If there is any other download manager better than FDM please do mention it.

+1 to the above post i tried it with my reliance GPRS on Edge. i used to get about 22 to 25 KBPS using flashget but in IDM the speed ranges from 30 KBPs and upwards.
but if you have a 2mbps connection you wont notice the difference between 180KBPs and 200-220KBPS. that is why others say orbit is good.

Back